Howdy from Austin, TX (1 Viewer)

lazercat

Waiting List
Reaction score
Hey y'all, reformed degen here just starting to get back into the game. I used to play .25/.50 and 1/2 in college (and didn't graduate on-time as a result), then suffered a massive cooler run around 2010 that I never psychologically recovered from (like -$4k in 2 weeks never being lower than 3:1 favorite post-flop).

I was in Daytona Beach a couple of weeks ago and decided to take a run at the cash games at the Daytona Beach Kennel Club. I felt surprisingly comfortable at the table, felt like I was making good decisions and avoiding some of my older bad habits, but was still just hovering around even midway through my second session. Then the horseshoe up my butt must have heated up. They run a $599 high-hand every 20 minutes on Saturdays. At about 8:50 I get 7d8d in late position, flop the open-ended sf draw, then turn it. Got paid in the pot, and the high-hand held up for the 9pm payout. Boom. At 9:19 I get 99. The bell dings and "last eligible high hand" announcement is made. Flop the set. Turn the quads. Double-boom. Now I have a little bit of a bankroll to take back home to Austin.

So now I've got the itch back really bad, and am dusting off my poker table and chips and even ordered a new set of ceramics to run a .25/.50 home game (with gratitude for all the chip threads here helping me make sense of all the different chip options available). Started playing at The Lodge last week and have had some grindy but profitable sessions there. Definitely making some mistakes but overall limiting my downside and getting enough upside to cover seat fees and make it worth my time.

Hope it's not too long before I'm inquiring about custom tables and felt designs and posting my a custom chip set or two here. I really miss the game, the challenge, and the camaraderie.

Welcome to PCF fellow Austinite! There are quite a few of us on this board, you are in good company.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom