Cash Game How many $20 chips (1 Viewer)

crussader

Flush
Reaction score
I have the following cash set designed for two tables of 1/2NL or 2/5NL games.

$1 x 200
$5 x 360
$25 x 200
$100 x 80
$500 x 20

I want to adjust the set to handle an occasional .25/.50 or .50/1 game. Instead of buying a ton of quarters that would rarely get used, I want to use my $25s as quarters and add a $20 chip as the intermediary between the $5s and $100s.

The question is how many $20s (other than MOAR) do I really need? I'm thinking I could get away with 40, but am not sure.

Another couple racks of $5s and two racks of $20s if you still plan on running $2/5
$20s wouldn't be used in 2/5 but certainly need more $5s.

You could get away with 40 $20s, doesn't really matter. Higher denoms so no worries of the bank running out.

Edit- I read it as you'd only use the $20s when running the smaller games. Could be mistaken.

Another couple racks of $5s and two racks of $20s if you still plan on running $2/5

For 2/5 I run starting stacks of 10/18/8/2. With 20 players that leaves enough chips for 30 re-buys. The $20s aren't used at all in a 2/5 game.

Edit- I read it as you'd only use the $20s when running the smaller games. Could be mistaken.

I need $20s specifically for .25/.50 or .50/$1 games where I use my $25s as quarters and therefore have no chip left between a $5 and $100.

I also have a rack of quarters with my .25/.50 set, but I'm pretty sure 40 would be plenty.
Although my vote goes to buying a rack of quarters.

I think just add more fives. I have never really been a fan of the $20 chip. If you have more fives that just does double duty for when you do 1/2 and 2/5 (which for 2/5 I think you honestly need for fives anyhow). Even consider adding more 25s. One again as this adds double duty for the micro stakes and the higher stakes gaming being either the .25 or the 25. The 20s. Have kind of a weird purpose in the mix and honestly I think they are somewhat confusing.

Although my vote goes to buying a rack of quarters.

A rack of quarters wouldn't be enough. With two tables and starting stacks of 8/8/x/x I would need 160 quarters. I don't want to buy that many chips for a game that runs only occasionally.

Get $.25 instead! While $20 chips are nice, I'd never have one game where the $25 = $.25 and another where the $25 = $25. Someone could take a few when they are worth $.25 and bring them back to a game where they are worth $25.

You might consider enough $.25 for only 1 table. That would be 80-120.

Obviously some aren't fans of the $20 chip. I personally like it for cash, but for set flexibility, I'd probably stick with the $25s you already have unless you just want to buy more chips. Of course that is ALWAYS an answer here!

How about this get $20 plaques and then boom now for your micro stakes game people will feel baller when they have those in play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom