How Did This Happen?! (1 Viewer)

Kain8

Flush
Reaction score
Hey guys, you ever see something happen at a poker room? I've been playing poker at places for years and I've seen lots of things! One time this thing happened that was amazing only to me because only I can appreciate it on account of none of you were there to see it! But man was it ever crazy to witness!

Please validate my story and discuss it in depth even though there's really nothing gained from doing so!

Opinions to the contrary about my absolute vagueness, ambiguity, or the slightest introduction of hard data to explain my extremely wild circumstances will be promptly ignored. If you don't have anything productive or nice to say about my obscure, non-starting remarks, please go elsewhere!

It’s always tempting to feed the troll, but I have willpower. :p

I have been trying to decide the perfect response to recent trolling.
I like yours:)
I did a little feeding in those other threads, but I have seen the light (although feeding the troll in this thread would be a bunch more fun).

Well, based on my sixty years of playing poker of all kinds in all kinds of places for all kinds of stakes both making and losing shit-tons of money, I tend to agree with you that what you witnessed was pretty crazy-amazing. I think you were lucky to see it. I usually never get a chance to see those kinds of things (except on Tuesdays at the lodge), because I'm just naturally unlucky.

Hey guys, you ever see something happen at a poker room? I've been playing poker at places for years and I've seen lots of things! One time this thing happened that was amazing only to me because only I can appreciate it on account of none of you were there to see it! But man was it ever crazy to witness!

Please validate my story and discuss it in depth even though there's really nothing gained from doing so!

Opinions to the contrary about my absolute vagueness, ambiguity, or the slightest introduction of hard data to explain my extremely wild circumstances will be promptly ignored. If you don't have anything productive or nice to say about my obscure, non-starting remarks, please go elsewhere!

....and why do you keep repeating yourself....??? :banghead:

It only happens when luck (which is an actual thing) turns against a middle-aged guy who has been playing poker for 40 years (I guess he started in kindergarten), loses because the game was not Limit (the only true form of poker).

The crazy thing he isn’t alone in his thinking!!! I know several intelligent rational thinking people that when it comes to poker swear it is all luck and lack there of when it comes to them.

You know, exactly the same thing happened to me! Isn't that wild? :wow:

I love trolls, they are the best!

They are a bit gamey, but with lots of pepper and cooked for hours over low heat, and with a side of mashed potatos.
Mmmm-good.

rumr.jpg

/thread

The crazy thing he isn’t alone in his thinking!!! I know several intelligent rational thinking people that when it comes to poker swear it is all luck and lack there of when it comes to them.

I have a guy in my game that is probably 60, plays by the book. EVERY time he has AK, AQ, JJ etc and a worse starting hand ends up beating him he goes off about the luckbox always getting "lucky" against him and him having the worst luck.
So I agree, this guy is not alone in his thinking.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom