Services Hot Stamping Guide and Pricing (4 Viewers)

Josh Kifer

Royal Flush
Site Vendor
Supporter
Reaction score
So, you want Hot Stamped Chips... Start here.

First, get your order in with CPC. This will be the longest wait time. When ordering, please get extra (5-15) per base color to assist with tuning the Hot Stamp on that certain color.

DIES

Dies are ordered thru a Third-Party maker. Artwork needs to be Black and White and limit minor details that cannot transfer well. All files need to be in vector imaging and be able to be readable at 22mm-23mm (Average area per mold).

Dies cost actual cost from the vendor. Right now (2024), the last order had 33 dies and averaged out at 17 bucks a die. I do not make anything from Dies and charge the actual ammount to the bill.

The dies can be sent back with the order or left here in stock to be used later down the road.

I can do the ordering and basic file work, if needed, for a decided upon fee. if it's just ordering, it'll be a Fresca. All costs (plus CC Fees) will be Invoiced to you once ordered. Dies take around 10 days from ordering to be delivered.

STAMPING COSTS

Hot Stamping will be priced at .45 a stamp
. Foil is included in this cost. If you have needs outside of basic colors, the colors needed can be bought to be used. Any expanded costs due to this will need to be covered by the customer and added to Invoicing (minus the normal cost of foil, which i cover). You pay the actual Stamping count, not based on the results of the chips. I will center and do the basic tuning outside of the counter, but 280 stamps may not result in 140 chips.

All chips that do not meet quality standards (off center, weak stamp, over stamped) will be put into my blanks racks and used for future projects and not returned to the owner. On average, this will be 3-4 chips per denom. It can be up to 15-20 if we are fighting settings. I don't want to send bad work back for jobs.

If needed, I can mill these chips at standard rate and readd them back to the package.

I will stamp all chips received, so expect more back than the minimums if you planned correctly.

Some designs need to be aligned to the spots. If you need this, please bring it up before. Additional costs will apply as this will slow down the process. if you need fully custom aligned, it will generally cost 5-10 cents more a chip.

Die mounting is 25 dollars per die. This covers the costs to swap dies and recenter during projects. (If you have 5 Denoms and 1 logo die, that will equal 150 dollars). I have to do each die all at once, so swapping is not something that is done on the fly. If you have a logo side and denom side, all Logos will need to be done first before the denominations would be added.

I do ask to keep one single of each Denom created thru this to add to my completed project wall. They will not be sold or traded; I would just like to keep a record of my work. If you have any concerns, please reach out.

This makes Hot Stamping in line with my Milling costs, for ease of Business.

OTHER BLANKS

You are welcome to request to use other blanks for Hot Stamping but be aware that extras will be needed to tune in where we need to be. If you have 100 blanks and need 100 chips, we are not going to have a fun time. New Stock CPCs are the easiest to work with and adding old stock can vastly change the settings.

HOUSE DIES

I have a Selection of House dies to be options if you wish to not have customs made. I have happy to let you use them for a minimal fee (10 bucks per set). This covers any replacement if issues arise. I will take pictures and have a separate file of the options coming up in a separate post. If you have a set of dies here from your order and want to allow someone else to use them, the 10-dollar fee still applies.

KMCo Bucks do apply to all Hot Stamp orders, but please do not use them for more than 1/2 of the cost of the order.

This is not a quick process to go thru, so patience is key, but once I get chips and dies, expect the set to be done in about a week (at 500-700 in the set). I will send pics during the process to make sure the results I am getting meet your expectations.

FLASHING

So flashing it going to happen. We are moving clay here. The classic way of correcting this was Scraping chips. Bluntly, no matter how you do it, it will affect the foil.

Thru extensive testing (two people and a six pack) we have figured out a rather simple way of cleaning it up.

Play them.

The natural shuffling does wonders on cleaning up the faces, without much risk hitting the foil pressed areas.

Also, you can rub the faces against speed felt with mild pressure like sandpaper. I've found this will remove the flashing above while pushing the foil in and not ripping it out. This can correct the initial barrel wobble enough to give them a round, which will tighten them up to standard or near that.

MOLDS

All the CPC allowed HS molds are easier to stamp. The off market molds (MD50, SCrown, LCrown) are alot harder to stamp. This doesnt mean its impossible, it just means i need more chips to use to turn them in. Each color and mold stamps differently, so i need actual chips to learn how to get to success. These chips also will leave more flashing, as they are concave and need to go deeper to get the center foil in. Remember, this is done a single chip at a time. They will be unique and have personality.

Very often, they will not fit in a barrel after stamping due to the flashing. Some play, and they should start working into a rack properly.

THC RESTAMPING

THC RESTAMPING requires alot more prep before and during stamping. It does not work the same as using new CPC blanks. Expect expanded costs and prep for these type of projects. Generally a rack will cost 250-300 each for stamping and prep, depending on what is needed for success.

Last edited:
1654901387229.gif

So, you want Hot Stamped Chips... Start here.

First, get your order in with CPC. This will be the longest wait time. When ordering, please get extra (5-15) per base color to assist with tuning the Hot Stamp on that certain color.

DIES

Dies are ordered thru a Third-Party maker. Artwork needs to be Black and White and limit minor details that cannot transfer well. All files need to be in vector imaging and be able to be readable at 22mm-23mm (Average area per mold).

Dies are significantly cheaper if you order them in larger groups. I cannot tell you what one die will cost, but i have been told they can be 20-30 a piece. When we ordered 27 on our first run, it averaged out to 8 bucks per with split shipping. I would advise to group together as many as you can at once to assist with the cheaper "Per Die" cost.

The dies can be sent back with the order or left here in stock to be used later down the road.

I can do the ordering and basic file work, if needed, for a decided upon fee. if it's just ordering, it'll be a Fresca. All costs (plus CC Fees) will be Invoiced to you once ordered. Dies take around 10 days from ordering to be delivered.

STAMPING COSTS

Hot Stamping will be priced at .25 a stamp
. Foil is included in this cost. If you have needs outside of basic colors, the colors needed can be bought to be used. Any expanded costs due to this will need to be covered by the customer and added to Invoicing (minus the normal cost of foil, which i cover). You pay the actual Stamping count, not based on the results of the chips. I will center and do the basic tuning outside of the counter, but 280 stamps may not result in 140 chips. All chips used for this are put into my blanks racks and used for future projects and not returned to the owner.

I will stamp all chips received, so expect more back than the minimums if you planned correctly.

Die mounting is 25 dollars per die. This covers the costs to swap dies and recenter during projects. (If you have 5 Denoms and 1 logo die, that will equal 150 dollars). I have to do each die all at once, so swapping is not something that is done on the fly. If you have a logo side and denom side, all Logos will need to be done first before the denominations would be added.

I do ask to keep one single of each Denom created thru this to add to my completed project wall. They will not be sold or traded; I would just like to keep a record of my work. If you have any concerns, please reach out.

This makes Hot Stamping in line with my Milling costs, for ease of Business.

OTHER BLANKS

You are welcome to request to use other blanks for Hot Stamping but be aware that extras will be needed to tune in where we need to be. If you have 100 blanks and need 100 chips, we are not going to have a fun time. New Stock CPCs are the easiest to work with and adding old stock can vastly change the settings.

HOUSE DIES

I have a Selection of House dies to be options if you wish to not have customs made. I have happy to let you use them for a minimal fee (10 bucks per set). This covers any replacement if issues arise. I will take pictures and have a separate file of the options coming up in a separate post. If you have a set of dies here from your order and want to allow someone else to use them, the 10-dollar fee still applies.

KMCo Bucks do apply to all Hot Stamp orders, but please do not use them for more than 1/2 of the cost of the order.

This is not a quick process to go thru, so patience is key, but once I get chips and dies, expect the set to be done in about a week (at 500-700 in the set). I will send pics during the process to make sure the results I am getting meet your expectations.

Hope this helps with the onslaught of PMs I've received.
Could we see pictures of some examples you’ve done?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom