SOLD Horseshoe Southern Indiana Set Sale (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully no more Cougar sightings here in Utah. Or bear, lots of bears where I'm going

Meanwhile in Centerville...someone is prepping for hunting :D

1603175255941.png

Oh honey....where did you leave the grenades & landmines ?

Bear deterrent

A friend of mine went to glacer national park. I told him to be careful that is grizzly central. He told me he was going to wear bear bells, but changed his mind after I told him that 50% of the time they attract the bears. Also that you can tell grizzly poop from black bear poop by the existence of bear bells in the scat.

Long story short, he resisted my advice for a .44 magnum on chest rig and instead went with bear spray.

Half way through the trip he was unloading a pack and blasted himself in the face with said bear spray. The only water source at his location was a small water fountain. As he was futilely trying to wash his eyes out a ranger ran up screaming at him ”NO BATHING IN THE FOUNTAIN”

When the ranger realized what had happened he rolled over laughing and walked away.

He said it was about 45 minutes before the pain subsided. Worst pain in his life.

Given his capability with the bear spray it's probably good he didn't go with the .44

A friend of mine went to glacer national park. I told him to be careful that is grizzly central. He told me he was going to wear bear bells, but changed his mind after I told him that 50% of the time they attract the bears. Also that you can tell grizzly poop from black bear poop by the existence of bear bells in the scat.

Long story short, he resisted my advice for a .44 magnum on chest rig and instead went with bear spray.

Half way through the trip he was unloading a pack and blasted himself in the face with said bear spray. The only water source at his location was a small water fountain. As he was futilely trying to wash his eyes out a ranger ran up screaming at him ”NO BATHING IN THE FOUNTAIN”

When the ranger realized what had happened he rolled over laughing and walked away.

He said it was about 45 minutes before the pain subsided. Worst pain in his life.

Given his capability with the bear spray it's probably good he didn't go with the .44

I could be that friend....

Guess who was barred from the axe trowing saloon that one time :D

Who's got a rack of fracs they just happen to not need? o_O

I've got everything else I need from this set, just only managed 1 barrel of fracs :(

Got the rest of my chips today and i cant put in words how happy i am with the purchase!!! absolutely amazing quality, super fast shipping and thank you very much Jim for the extra effort, you are amazing! hope you are having a great time on your trip.

Attachments

• DACEFCF2-CEBD-4212-9BAE-386C50ABDE64_1_201_a.jpeg
    DACEFCF2-CEBD-4212-9BAE-386C50ABDE64_1_201_a.jpeg
    254.2 KB · Views: 351

The National Park Rangers are advising hikers in Glacier National Park and other Rocky Mountain parks to be alert for bears and take extra precautions to avoid an encounter.
They advise park visitors to wear little bells on their clothes so they make noise when hiking. The bell noise allows bears to hear them coming from a distance and not be startled by a hiker accidentally sneaking up on them. This might cause a bear to charge.
Visitors should also carry a pepper spray can just in case a bear is encountered. Spraying the pepper into the air will irritate the bear's sensitive nose and it will run away.
It is also a good idea to keep an eye out for fresh bear scat so you have an idea if bears are in the area. People should be able to recognize the difference between black bear and grizzly bear scat.
Black bear droppings are smaller and often contain berries, leaves, and possibly bits of fur. Grizzly bear droppings tend to contain small bells and smell of pepper.

damn I would kill to get one of those T4000 new sets for that price, I can't believe I'm just now trying to find this set

Apache is selling it used for more than that :/

That would be interesting to find out asked earlier but no one could answer it.... definitely look a bit circulated from the picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom