SOLD Horseshoe $25 Rack (Price Reduced to $425/shipped) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to purchase and have @Josh Kifer mill, I will lower the price to $425 shipped to Josh (that goes for anyone interested in purchasing these chips). If these don't sell at $425/shipped, I will just keep them and have them milled by Josh for myself.
I'm not the expert but I think if you mill these and then label, they might look meh. If you're milling chips that already have a recess, the likelihood that there's some overlap on the new recess with the old is high. The end result is gonna be a lot better to murder (manually remove the inlay) and then replace that inlay with a @Gear label (or someone else). I think manual inlay replacement with Gear might be like $200 per rack which includes the price of the labels? You'd have to double check.

I'm not the expert but I think if you mill these and then label, they might look meh. If you're milling chips that already have a recess, the likelihood that there's some overlap on the new recess with the old is high. The end result is gonna be a lot better to murder (manually remove the inlay) and then replace that inlay with a @Gear label (or someone else). I think manual inlay replacement with Gear might be like $200 per rack which includes the price of the labels? You'd have to double check.
These need to be milled at some point in the process, whether it's removing the existing labels then milling, or just milling. Gear labels won't work if you just remove the existing labels. Gear will remove the labels, then mill, then re-label for $3/chip.

Here is an example of a wonky chip that Gear removed the existing label then milled.

1690481741395.png

So if you removed the label, then didn't you murder the chip? Why would you then mill it? Sorry, totally new to this. Also, what is wrong with the mill job on this chip? Milling depth or diameter?
Normally you wouldn’t need to mill, you would just remove the label and add a replacement label. But the inlay shapes on these “wonky label” chips are not uniformly shaped circles, so if you remove the label and apply a new one it’s going to look the same as the chips currently look (wonky). So these need to be milled at some point to make the inlays uniformly circular before applying a new label. Now, you could mill with the label still on and manually try to remove the label remnants from the edges (I’ve never tried this so I have no idea how difficult/time consuming that process may be), or you could murder, mill then relabel.

It depends on how you normally go about relabeling chips. The non-wonky version of this chip is the CDM $100, which goes for around $700/rack. I have neither the skill set nor time for murdering chips, so if I had a rack of CDM $100’s that I wanted to relabel I would order labels from Gear and I would have another PCF member murder the chips, which would cost about $175 total ($125 for the murder and $50 for the labels). With these wonky chips I would just send them to Gear and have him perform the murder, mill, and relabel service for $300. Either way it would take roughly the same amount of time because I’d have to wait on the labels from Gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom