Hola New Here from Texas (1 Viewer)

Wolf_of_4th_Street

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hey new to forum here - was searching for some info on set of chips my dad gave me after cleaning out his closet during covid and found some great info on here. Got me interested again in trying to host friends for games so wanted to evaluate if I could use the chip set that my dad gave me for this purpose. I also liked the idea of collecting chips and/or having a cool chip set to play with friends as a talking point instead of just some generic brand new set.

After some "light research" on here, turns out the set he gave me is good condition 300 Paranoid Square Edged Fleur De Lis inlay chips (100 blue / 100 red / 100 white). Not sure if anyone familiar with these but are they good for actually playing with regularly or better just for collecting? They're in good condition and it sounds like I'd need to add 200 chips to my set to have a good # of chips to host games but after reading on here it sounds like there are alot of other options. Also would hate to damage some these playing if they're better served just looking at.

Regardless, See you around!

Welcome, always cool seeing another TX chipper. Add a few more chips to your set and get those puppies in play!

Hello and welcome!

You may be able to get away with this chip set for a 5-6 person cash game, but otherwise you're looking to expand or get something new.

Paranoid don't go on sale that often around here, especially with the specific die cut pattern you're looking for. Bit, then again, stranger things have happened. Maybe put out a Wanted ad.

Welcome to PCF. Where in Texas?
Dallas. Looks like there are quite a few players on here from the area so maybe I'll work up the courage to make it out to a real game!

Welcome from Richmond!

Poker chips are meant to be used so please use them. While paranoids are old, there are plenty of them around so don't worry too much about them.
This is the kind of advice I need, good to know.

Hello and welcome!

You may be able to get away with this chip set for a 5-6 person cash game, but otherwise you're looking to expand or get something new.

Paranoid don't go on sale that often around here, especially with the specific die cut pattern you're looking for. Bit, then again, stranger things have happened. Maybe put out a Wanted ad.
Good tip. Will be fun to try to expand my set and learn more about others. It sure sounds like everyone's obsessed with Paulsons lol.

Welcome to PCF! Take a look around and you'll find a lot of resources to help you start hosting again. Ask if you have any questions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom