Help Wanted: Looking for Lakeshore Inn hundo options (1 Viewer)

LabMonkey

Flush
Reaction score
I'm looking to tap into the chip knowledge collective for options for a $100 chip for my Lakeshore Inn cash set. My plan is a full inlay replacement of an existing chip. The basic requirements:
  • TH&C (LCV or SCV doesn't matter, my OCD has limits)
  • Cali hundos should be white, but some color creativity might work. Just can't be black or brown due to the $20s base color
  • Paulson 16 spot pattern to match the rest of the set
  • Shaped inlay would be great (cog!), but isn't a deal breaker
  • Reasonable availability. Looking for 20 - 40
I've found some possible candidates (shown below). If you know of any I've overlooked, have an opinion, or know where I could find some of these in the quantity I'm looking for, please post.

Thanks!

lakeshore_hundo_search.jpg

I have a rack of Lakeshore Inn hundos that I bought about five years ago for 50c/chip. You can have it for $800, free shipping.

On a more serious note, finding a shaped-inlay white chip is gonna be tough, unless you go with a different Cali hundo. Let me give it some thought. You left out one 'set matching requirement', that the spots be relatively colorful.

Different spot pattern but sort of fits. (Not sure of availability)

Also there's the Derby $100 but is hotstamped.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

A red hundo would be really pretty with the set:

00020.jpg

A few other suggestions, none are perfect:

28481.jpg
34583.jpg
36639.jpg

36641.jpg
26482.jpg

I realized after I mocked this us that these aren't the same spots (too narrow). It's also not white. And obviously no shaped inlay.

So bout all it has going for it is the fact that it's (1) available and the (2) the colors look nice with the rest of the set (IMO).

lakeshore_hundo_search-1.jpg

Looking to pick up a barrel of whatever you choose, labmonkey?

Looking to pick up a barrel of whatever you choose, labmonkey?

Yes, 1 or 2 barrels. That red $5 you suggested, while not the "right" color, does look really nice. Is that one somewhat available?

If I went with one of the non Paulson 16 spot chips like you and @stocky recommended it would really open my options to some really great chips. Just can't decide if I want to break the mono-pattern of the set.

You could probably put together a barrel of the President $5 or Riverside $1 chips, but getting two barrels might take some time (and/or luck). The Cali Bell $100s should be no problem, just a matter of getting somebody to let 'em go.

older Harrahs Joliet IL $1s have the spot pattern you're looking for on SCV/LCV, but the Chipguide shows 2011 chips are RHC mold. I dont know if the SCV/LCV are still in play, let alone in mint condition.
19129.jpg

older Harrahs Joliet IL $1s have the spot pattern you're looking for on SCV/LCV, but the Chipguide shows 2011 chips are RHC mold. I dont know if the SCV/LCV are still in play, let alone in mint condition.
19129.jpg

By far my favorite of the options offered so far.

@LabMonkey I would try very very hard not to break the spot pattern...pattern. Too sweet of a set to not do it exactly right. If you gotta wait to find the perfect thing, it's worth the wait.

Ordinarily non-shaped inlay would bother me, but as I rationalized in my Cajun Cup high denom add-ons, it's much more acceptable on a white chip since the inlay will have a white background and therefore more easily blend.

By far my favorite of the options offered so far.

Yep, and I went looking for that exact chip but couldn't remember which Harrah's it was....

I have a couple stowed away somewhere, and iirc they are in decent shape.

Ordinarily non-shaped inlay would bother me
Plus round is a shape. :)

I have a barrel-plus of the Riverside $1s that I've been collecting for years with no specific purpose (I just like the chip.) The only drawback I can see is that its inlay is the same shape as the Lakeshore Inn $5.

I have a barrel-plus of the Riverside $1s that I've been collecting for years with no specific purpose (I just like the chip.)
I have a bunch of barrels (and barrels-in-progress), for the exact same reason. We really need to swap notes and make some trades.

19129.jpg

Thank you! I forgot about this one for some reason. I need to go look to see if I have a sample. I think it or the Riverside $1 would be the best options considering I really want of white chip for the hundo.

Because its base color is black -- too close to the $20 which is brown.
Ahhhh, makes sense I guess. I was thinking it was different, but in low light probably easy to mistake, especially with a similar colored spot

Because its base color is black -- too close to the $20 which is brown.

Exactly, it would be a perfect choice (shaped inlay, spot pattern, reasonably available) if it wasn't black. Cali $20s are primarily black or brown so I need to find a white chip option. I've got some samples in hand of the best options found so far and I'll update this thread soon.

... I'll update this thread soon.

Well, soon ended up being over a year. Finally getting back to this project and I'm primarily looking at the Riverside $1 or the Harrah's Joliet $1 as candidates. I've picked up small amounts of both chips and need to make a decision about which way to go. I'm interested in getting feedback about which chip works better with the chip lineup.

Riverside:
IMG_3119.jpg

Harrah's Joliet:
IMG_3121.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom