Recommendations for mid-level chips? (1 Viewer)

Trihonda

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I play a weekly bar game (3 tables), and I normally supply the chips (Currently bringing a set of Milanos). The crew loves the chips (compared to the dice chips they were using). However, I will be taking a new job which will limit my ability to play this game and bring chips. A few weeks ago I asked the crew if they wanted me to arrange the purchase of a set of Milanos FOR the game, and everyone agreed to take $5 from each buyin for a few weeks to make this happen. When I was pricing this out, I was seeing Milanos (1000 chip sets) for around $380+ $50 shipping - or $420 total). This was our target money raising goal. We're nearly there, but now I'm seeing the one vendor I was looking at (one I've used a few times before) has shortages in some of the chips (100's and 5k's), so I can't order the set I intended. And they're not returning my emails. I'm stuck holding a bunch of money for chips, and now the other vendors are a lot pricier (probably $550+ for the same chip sets).

Anyone have thoughts or recommendations on mid-level chips in the $.40/chip price range? I haven't shopped china clays in a while, and wanted to do my due diligence and see options (before dropping $.60/chip for Milanos).

Thanks

If you don't mind waiting a few months these are .46c each and probably a higher quality than any other CC options.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...d-cards-mold-textured-no-mold-04-2024.117134/

I find these particularly hot.

I grabbed a set for the hell of it.

1710692615687.png

These are the standard colors and denominations.

1710692562701.png

These are also cool.

1710692824047.png

Last edited:
Anyone have thoughts or recommendations on mid-level chips in the $.40/chip price range?
These are significantly nicer than Milano china clays imo (especially the hybrids). You can order customs or select from a large group of pre-designed sets:

order thread:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...d-cards-mold-textured-no-mold-04-2024.117134/

WEB Mold or Greek Mold ceramic hybrids
39mm = $.46 each, 43mm = $.52 each

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/web-mold-greek-mold-pre-designed-sets.115859/

Textured No-Mold ceramics
39 mm = $.34 each, 43 mm = $.45 each

Cards Mold ceramics

39mm = $.40 each, 43mm = $.45 each

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/cards-mold-textured-no-mold-pre-designed-sets.115855/

If time is an issue, Apache Poker Chips sells four styles of china clays (Pharaoh's, Majestic, Dunes, Bank) plus three styles of Cards Mold ceramics (Empire, Taj Mahal, Penthouse) -- all priced at 49c per chip:

https://www.apachepokerchips.com/product-category/poker-chips/

Ill send you some links to some decent priced China clay sets on marketplace etc when i come across them if you want, what denoms are you looking for?

$449 for a 1000-chip set (250/250/125/225/150) with no tax or shipping charges, and appears to be in stock. Not bad.

I'd still rather have the much nicer web mold ceramic hybrids for an extra $35 bucks ($460+$24 shipping). Worth the wait, and should last a lot longer, too.
Dave,
Thanks for this tip. I like the option of the webmold Starnights. Very sexy. Any idea the shipping timeframe for these? Rough guess? I like these so much, I might do an order for myself too.. :)

I play a weekly bar game (3 tables), and I normally supply the chips (Currently bringing a set of Milanos). The crew loves the chips (compared to the dice chips they were using). However, I will be taking a new job which will limit my ability to play this game and bring chips. A few weeks ago I asked the crew if they wanted me to arrange the purchase of a set of Milanos FOR the game, and everyone agreed to take $5 from each buyin for a few weeks to make this happen. When I was pricing this out, I was seeing Milanos (1000 chip sets) for around $380+ $50 shipping - or $420 total). This was our target money raising goal. We're nearly there, but now I'm seeing the one vendor I was looking at (one I've used a few times before) has shortages in some of the chips (100's and 5k's), so I can't order the set I intended. And they're not returning my emails. I'm stuck holding a bunch of money for chips, and now the other vendors are a lot pricier (probably $550+ for the same chip sets).

Anyone have thoughts or recommendations on mid-level chips in the $.40/chip price range? I haven't shopped china clays in a while, and wanted to do my due diligence and see options (before dropping $.60/chip for Milanos).

Thanks
Have you thought about Apache Majestics, Royals or any of their other offerings?
I actually use a mixed set and everybody said they loved the size difference between denoms.
39mm Majestics T25 and T100, 43mm Royals T500+

Since you mention needing 100s and 5ks, I assume this is a three table tourney set? What is the base denom?
blinds start at 100/200. Starting stacks are 25k
T100 x 10
T500 x 10
T1k x 9
T5k x 2

My set breakdown would be:
T100 x 225
T500 x 225
T1k x 250
T5k x 125
T25k x 125
$5 bounty chips x 50

We don't typically use more than 200 of each the 100 & 500 chips, but I want to have extras on hand. We get between 20-40 total entries (never been more than 40). This includes a ton of rebuys. For instance today we had 24 players and 38 entries.

Have you thought about Apache Majestics, Royals or any of their other offerings?
I actually use a mixed set and everybody said they loved the size difference between denoms.
39mm Majestics T25 and T100, 43mm Royals T500+
This is not a game I’ll be running now. So it needs to be simple.. for non chip folks to figure out. I don’t want to de@l with 39 amd 43mm racks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom