Help picking a PCA $5k (1 Viewer)

Perthmike

Straight Flush
Reaction score
Looking for help picking a $5k to go with this set

Base colour could be yellow, white, blue or brown?
Screenshot_20200528_095000.jpg

Options for consideration so far are AS $2, SB $100, AS t1k or t25k, SB t5000 and AS $20.

Can anyone think of any random hotstamp chips, I kinda only need a barrel in total. @JeepologyOffroad I'm looking at you lol

I'm also a little bit torn whether to make the ES $500 into a $1000 or a $2000 and then have the next chip as a $10k

That would allow me to do some plaques. Though initially I can't afford both.
Screenshot_20200525_144138.jpg

Last edited:
SB frac? o_O

SB $500? :wow:

I know the best chip, but it would be sacrilege for some.

PdC frac

I don't think you can do better than a relabeled purple ES $500. Correct color for the set (MO requires a purple $1000), same size chip as the others, the spot progression works, and the colors are colorful enough to stand up to the blinding PCA $500 and other great chips in the set. I'd go with a faux-scallop shaped label, since it's not already being used. Add yellow PCA $5000 plaques from MSK to top it off.

If wanting to use a chip vs plaque for $5000, I'd go with an oversize 8d18 pattern in pink (Sunset Beach $500) or grey (Horseshoe Clev $5000).

Last edited:
I don't think you can do better than a relabeled purple ES $500. Correct color for the set (MO requires a purple $1000), same size chip as the others, the spot progression works, and the colors are colorful enough to stand up to the blinding PCA $500 and other great chips in the set. I'd go with a faux-scallop shaped label, since it's not already being used. Add yellow PCA $5000 plaques from MSK to top it off.
Yep I've already got myself 60 of the ES $500, so that's a lock. And I intend to do exactly that with the faux shape label, though I'm thinking clover maybe.

Just a bit stumped on the $5k. A yellow plaque might be the best idea. I've never owned plaques and i've always wanted some

I added an edit above if wanting to go with an oversize chip. But I really think bright yellow plaques would go best, and you won't really need that many.

I added an edit above if wanting to go with an oversize chip. But I really think bright yellow plaques would go best, and you won't really need that many.
I normally love an oversized chip, but for some reason I want to keep them to 39mm this time. I'm even a little sad that I'm mixing leaded and non-leaded. So I think maybe the plaque is the leading option right now. That SB $500 would look great though.

I've read your recent comments on t2000 v t1000. I'll be using these for my stt league.

My long-term breakdown is
100 - $5 (probably won't use them but I want some anyway)
140 - $25
120 - $100
100 - $500

I assume you'd recommend
$1000 - 60
$5000 - 20-40

Rather than 60 - $2000 and 20 - $10,000?

Yeah, I wouldn't do a 2K chip for a set this small. If wanting the $5000 to remain 39mm, I think your best two options are EST1 T5000 (canary) and AST T1000 (yellow). Good luck finding the Empress T5000s, but you should be able to round up the AS chips somewhat easiily.

I definitely like the purple and blue 1k, 5k , was thinking that myself ES quarter and AS 500

Still playing around. Definitely want some 5k plaques, but a relabelled barrel of $5k chips couldn't hurt too.

Screenshot_20200529_100504.jpg

Do the blue and white spots look out of place? And is red weird to use with an orange $500?

It does have a WSOP feel to it at least

My vote is the ESPT 5k for the 5k chip.

Get a rack of those suckers, use half and send me the other half to kickstart my ESPT set. Deal?

Still can't figure out a decent chip for a $5k. The PCA $500 is just too bright

Plaques it is I think.
Screenshot_20200606_121518.jpg

Unless someone has a brainwave though. I'd still kinda like a barrel of something to go with the plaques

I'd definitely swap the $1000 and $5000 plaque colors if using both, though. Pink $1000 tilts me something awful.
I agree. I'm actually not getting any $1ks, because my $1k is the ES $500.

I just asked j5 to switch it from the original mock because I specifically wanted a yellow $5k and blue $25k.

I may have to swap the $1k for white or purple if others want some.

Yeah, I wouldn't do a 2K chip for a set this small. If wanting the $5000 to remain 39mm, I think your best two options are EST1 T5000 (canary) and AST T1000 (yellow). Good luck finding the Empress T5000s, but you should be able to round up the AS chips somewhat easiily.
Turns out i can find some ES t5ks lol who knew

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom