Help needed .. Bar Code Scanner (1 Viewer)

krafticus

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking to get a bar code scanner added to my home game setup. As of now, I have not been able to get the "wedge" to work (scanning a bar code and translating that to a text value and input parameters). Maybe my cheap scanner is just too cheap.. which I am not opposed to getting a new one.

Has anyone been able to get a scanner setup and working properly?
Has anyone been able to create meaningful barcodes/QR codes that scan correctly?

The plan .. players will have player cards with a bar code (maybe eventually on their phones too), in which they can scan. The bar code will have their player ID number, and the hot keys for player buy-in on The Tournament Director. Once they scan the card, it will buy them in, and then print the receipt with their table & seat assignment ( I have the printer part working properly).

Any help or advice would be welcomed. Trying to make everything as streamlined as possible.

Mark

I would think there should be a kit or app for this, the phone can easily read the barcode, and they can be generated very easily.

Admittedly I don't know much about setting up a barcode system. I've worked with programmatically generating QR codes, and in every case I used a go or JS library to do the heavy lifting.

Someone mentioned it already but the first thing I'd do is generate a test barcode and then use a reader app on my phone to verify it can be scanned successfully, then use that to troubleshoot the wedge scanner (didn't previously know what these were, had to google it) and it's software.,

Like the dog said, I have no idea what I'm doing... but I'm happy to take a look if you want to send more details @krafticus

I am looking to get a bar code scanner added to my home game setup. As of now, I have not been able to get the "wedge" to work (scanning a bar code and translating that to a text value and input parameters). Maybe my cheap scanner is just too cheap.. which I am not opposed to getting a new one.

Has anyone been able to get a scanner setup and working properly?
Has anyone been able to create meaningful barcodes/QR codes that scan correctly?

The plan .. players will have player cards with a bar code (maybe eventually on their phones too), in which they can scan. The bar code will have their player ID number, and the hot keys for player buy-in on The Tournament Director. Once they scan the card, it will buy them in, and then print the receipt with their table & seat assignment ( I have the printer part working properly).

Any help or advice would be welcomed. Trying to make everything as streamlined as possible.

Mark
Damn. I can’t help but I just wanted to say it’s a heck of an idea.

Damn. I can’t help but I just wanted to say it’s a heck of an idea.
Thanks,
I'm trying to make this easier on everyone, including myself. I have a master plan for sure, but it requires me to have free time to spend working on things. I have no free time in my life right now. :-(

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom