Hello from South Texas (1 Viewer)

Runways

Reaction score
Hey guys I’m new to the forum. In my mid 20s. This is weird but I’m getting into poker because I have been playing it a bunch on GTA Online. Sounds weird I know, but it has sparked my interest big time. Probably helps that the people playing it don’t know what’s going on haha. This has sent me down a rabbit hole of trying to research and discover the best gear to set up a home game. Still on the search for chips because I just can’t decide. Might just bite the bullet and go with classics as my first purchase. I’m a big believer in buy once cry once so I will most likely do that. The cards I’m going with as of now are Copag 4 color Bridge size. Glad to be here.

Hello and welcome! I first learned poker playing Red Dead Redemption. I recommend getting a nice poker mat. Best early purchase into the hobby for me.

Welcome to PCF! Hang around a bit before making that buy once cry once purchase. Your taste may change after seeing what’s available out there that are, IMO, better than classics. Wouldn’t want you crying a whole bunch of times.

Welcome to PCF! Hang around a bit before making that buy once cry once purchase. Your taste may change after seeing what’s available out there that are, IMO, better than classics. Wouldn’t want you crying a whole bunch of times.
Good Advice. I will do that. Lots of chips out there to discover. Thanks

Hello and welcome to PCF, fellow Texan! I’m also a big fan of the 4-color Copags, and we use both those and 4-color Faded Spades regularly.

I agree with the advice to just take everything in on the forum for a moment before pulling that trigger. I also love the Rounders set - but I’ve never bought one, because over time I keep finding other things I like even more for one reason or another. And that’s before you even get down the rabbit hole of going custom!

I think the best advice anyone can give is to always get samples before making a final purchase, to really get a feel for all of the different chips at different price points out there.

Hello and welcome to PCF, fellow Texan! I’m also a big fan of the 4-color Copags, and we use both those and 4-color Faded Spades regularly.

I agree with the advice to just take everything in on the forum for a moment before pulling that trigger. I also love the Rounders set - but I’ve never bought one, because over time I keep finding other things I like even more for one reason or another. And that’s before you even get down the rabbit hole of going custom!

I think the best advice anyone can give is to always get samples before making a final purchase, to really get a feel for all of the different chips at different price points out there.
Wow the 4 color faded spades are really nice as well. I will be buying sample chips for sure now. Thanks!

Hello and welcome to the community! Good luck on your quest for chips and gear for your home game! Just remember to look back ina year from now and see how far you have fallen into the rabbit hole. ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom