Hello from Indiana! (2 Viewers)

QQ_Midas

Reaction score
Hi there! Glad to be a member here!

I am very new to the world of poker chips. I have been playing a home game at a coworker’s house recently, and we have a couple of cheap “dice” sets, which do just fine. A couple of use have tossed around the idea of getting some nicer chips to play with since the host is building a custom table.

I have bought a few various sample sets but still am not sure which ones to get. But in doing some research, I came across this forum and figured this would be a great place to be a member of. Any knowledge I can pick up here would be awesome! Thank you!

Hello and welcome!

If the game happens regularly, then table and chairs should be first priority, for comfort and to immediately establish a visual presence. Chips can come later (but not too much later).

Get some good cards, if you haven't already. Small outlay for an immediate improvement.

Thanks for the greetings!

I believe the custom table will be done in the next week or two. We also have some decent chairs on wheels that also recline, so that’s good for now. As for cards, we have been playing with Copag, which everyone seems to like. None of us have ever played with anything better than Bicycles before that.

Welcome!
Where about in IN?

Check out the New Member Start here link in my signature (landscape on mobile)

Hello and welcome to the community. Always good to see a fellow Hoosier on the site! Fort Wayne here.

I completely agree with investing in good quality cards first. Then chairs, then a table(s) and then many, many sets of chips.
Spend whatever you want or can afford on chips. Just make sure you like them. Don't settle for something you don't like/want because
someone else places value on it. Just one man's opinion.

Last edited:
Hello and Welcome! Although everywhere not near South Bend is of no state of mine!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom