Hello from Charlotte NC area (1 Viewer)

tidekg

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hello! I am a lurker who has finally made an account. I have been on a big poker kick recently and I started hosting a small cash game at my house with 6-9 friends but I have begun searching for a cheap cash game set. I previously picked up a 500 chip tournament set of those Monte Carlo chips (25, 100, 500, 1k, 5k) and I've been telling players to move the decimal and using the $25 as $0.25 and $100 as $1.00, etc.

Just wanted to introduce myself and get some advice for what the community thinks is the best direction to go for a cheap/decently priced cash set. I've seen Apache Poker Chips Dunes/Majestic/Pharoah sets and also like some of the Ceramic sets on BR Pro Poker.

I did see some of the previous Tina group buys and that also peaked my interest. I saw there is an active group buy for the Matsui chips but those are out of my price range!

Welcome from the Charlotte area. What denominations do you need for the chips and general budget? I can help point you in a direction or possibly have a solution locally

Hi local friend! Probably will pick up some

$0.25
$1
$5
$20-25

Probably looking for 500ish chips in like the $200-300 range. More quarters and $1s than other denominations. The chips I referenced above from Apache are like $0.50/chip I think but not sure if you know much about the quality of them.

I do. I’ve got lots of samples of those as well, but never got a set. They never scratched the itch for me, but Apache’s a great guy/ site to go through if that’s what you decide.
My 2 cents- Majestics look the best but were way too slippery for my taste. Dunes probably had the best feel with Pharaohs a close second. Def the best two options in the China Clays in my opinion, but they all have a weird smell. Between the slipperiness and the smell they never did it for me, but plenty of others disagree so ymmv
Thanks for the feedback!

I do. I’ve got lots of samples of those as well, but never got a set. They never scratched the itch for me, but Apache’s a great guy/ site to go through if that’s what you decide.
My 2 cents- Majestics look the best but were way too slippery for my taste. Dunes probably had the best feel with Pharaohs a close second. Def the best two options in the China Clays in my opinion, but they all have a weird smell. Between the slipperiness and the smell they never did it for me, but plenty of others disagree so ymmv

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom