Tourney Heads Up Tourney Help (1 Viewer)

No 3-Putts

High Hand
Reaction score
I'm planning a heads up tournament this Friday evening. 8 players. Probably 2 tables. I've never played in a heads up tournament before so I'm wondering about the structure. Right now I have planned for 6 minute levels. Is this too short? I'm worried that since it'll be a self dealt game and even with 2 decks per match that 6 minutes might only allow a few hands per level. Knowing the nittiness of several of the players there will be a lot of shuffling, especially in the first couple rounds where everyone will be playing. I also have each round scheduled for an hour. This should be too long but there are some guys that don't have much heads up experience and will fold a lot. So, what do y'all think about hour long rounds with 6 minute levels? Anyone hosted a heads up tournament that can provide some structure recommendations? Thanks in advance.

I prefer a best 2-of-3 match format, using 6-minute levels. Each match runs no longer than 25 minutes, so typically 40-60 minutes per tournament bracket level. I have blind schedules for T5-base (T1500 stack) and T25-base (T7500 stack) formats; they are 50bb/75bb starting stacks (plenty for heads-up play).

Teach your players how to efficiently shuffle/deal (min-wash, 2 riffles, 1 strip, 1 riffle, and cut is all that is needed -- takes 10 seconds) and your game will thank you.

Search 'heads-up' by @BGinGA to find a link to the posted blind schedules.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom