Have you ever bought a set to replace monopoly money, counters, etc? (1 Viewer)

philhut

Flush
Reaction score
I was playing monopoly about a year ago and handling all the little paper bills drove me crazy. I saw this set locally online and ordered a bunch of chips with the idea to have a denominated non-$ labelled set that could be a cheap traveler-do all set, board game cash replacement and math educational counters. All in was under $100 and the chips are awesome for the price. Playing monopoly with poker chips like these is So! much better than paper bills.

I should have got out the board. lately these have been primarily math counters. My daughter struggles with math and I use these along with virtual school so she can get the answers correct. Of all the sets I have ever bought I can honestly say I appreciate this one for the help its done in that regard. Math learning deficits are hard to overcome.... I have tried an abacus, base ten blocks etc...but chips were the counters that work for her. A rack of chips sits by the computer every day for use as needed.

Not all great chips are expensive. Prestige Poker chips, slugged labelled plastic chips. These are a really good inexpensive chip option. I may need to add some 1k/5k chips just because the rest of the set has done the job its done so far so well, and some board games use higher denoms.

mhMujoZ.jpg

0MGKXy1.jpg

Its only a case for 650 chips, with 800 in it
6p5N661.jpg

There's a lot of value in using poker chips with board games. You can replace paper money with them, and use them for keeping score. Also works for card games like Hearts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom