Hand against Luckbox McLuckerson... (1 Viewer)

I’m putting villain squarely on JT and assuming hero’s stack is effective, make it 88 total. Then check/fold :8c:/:8h:/:8d: turns and shove everything else.

Luckbox flopping the idiot end of the open ended straight is not near as good as luckbox flopping the high end of an open ended straight for sure.

I decide to go ahead and check here in 1st position... knowing a bet would take place and then check-raising !!!

So I check.
Next to act (Luckbox) as I knew would happen, bets out $15 into the $15 pot.
The other 3 Villains behind him all fold.
Action back to me...

...And I know I am check-raising at this point, what would be your standard raise in this situation?

Therein lies the rub of under-repping your hand. In the immortal words of Sam Kinison (RIP), if you don't trust the [p-word], why are you [effing] the [p-word]?

You got what you wanted. Action. Now follow through with the plan. I know it doesn't work out well, but that's not relevant to this discussion. This is what you wanted, what you asked for.

Raise, be ready to shove that stack in, puke on the table, and re-buy

Therein lies the rub of under-repping your hand. In the immortal words of Sam Kinison (RIP), if you don't trust the [p-word], why are you [effing] the [p-word]?

You got what you wanted. Action. Now follow through with the plan. I know it doesn't work out well, but that's not relevant to this discussion. This is what you wanted, what you asked for.

Raise, be ready to shove that stack in, puke on the table, and re-buy
^^^This^^^

(Typing, generally) If you don't like action and big pots, don't play NLHE. Stick to limit.

Leading out could give us some info, checking the flop doesn't really and we're still OOP. I'd call and see what the turn brings.

If you follow your line then I guess your raising since your hand is not improving. You never said what villians stack sizes were but I'm assuming we're going to be playing for our stack at this point might as well jam.

So...

After checking on the flop. Villain has bet out $15... folded back around to me and I decide to raise.
I raise slightly more than I would have normally as I didn't want this guy calling me and pairing up to make a boat, or trying to catch a card.
So, I make it $55 to go.

He tanks for a minute or two and keeps looking back and forth between the board and me... me and the board.
He finally says out loud that if I hit it, I must be good, and shoves all in.
His image at the table from what I have seen so far tells me that I am ahead here and I snap call his shove all in.
Had no reason to believe that he was playing J-8 to have me beat here.
I figured he must have had a huge over pair or flopped a set... any of them.

He does have me covered by about $100, so I am effectively all-in!

Board so far is:
:7d::9c::th:

After I call his shove, I immediately flip over my cards to show the flopped straight.

He hesitates like he doesn't want to flip his cards over.
But when he does, the table audibly gasped... almost everyone couldn't believe that he had made the play he did.
He flips over:

:ks::jc: !!!

Two overs... with a double gut-shot.

4 outs with 2 cards coming, let's see, 4/2 = 2, he's a 2:1 fave. :whistle: :whistling:

7 outs - he got the double gutty. Obv were hoping for overpair but flopped straight is almost always vulnerable here, lots of draws to the better straights and sets going to show up.

This is a great situation, if you hate the variance I’d ask to run it twice

After I call his shove, I immediately flip over my cards to show the flopped straight.

He hesitates like he doesn't want to flip his cards over.
But when he does, the table audibly gasped... almost everyone couldn't believe that he had made the play he did.
He flips over:

:ks::jc: !!!

Two overs... with a double gut-shot.
I would at least expect a nit like this to have sooted KJ for runner runner flush options. like @Kain8 said, you did it right. I would love to be in that spot. Hands like this is why we play NL.

So...

After checking on the flop. Villain has bet out $15... folded back around to me and I decide to raise.
I raise slightly more than I would have normally as I didn't want this guy calling me and pairing up to make a boat, or trying to catch a card.
So, I make it $55 to go.

He tanks for a minute or two and keeps looking back and forth between the board and me... me and the board.
He finally says out loud that if I hit it, I must be good, and shoves all in.
His image at the table from what I have seen so far tells me that I am ahead here and I snap call his shove all in.
Had no reason to believe that he was playing J-8 to have me beat here.
I figured he must have had a huge over pair or flopped a set... any of them.

He does have me covered by about $100, so I am effectively all-in!

Board so far is:
:7d::9c::th:
What were the effective stacks? never got that. Even up against your flopped straight he’s only a 71:28 dog or about 2.5:1. If he thinks he’s got some fold equity it’s not the worst play in the world...

What were the effective stacks? never got that. Even up against your flopped straight he’s only a 71:28 dog or about 2.5:1. If he thinks he’s got some fold equity it’s not the worst play in the world...

OP... I had about $275. He had me covered with just under $400

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom