Hand against Luckbox McLuckerson... (1 Viewer)

rimmerryan

Flush
Reaction score
Play along with me... at Bellagio the other night - $1/$3 blinds.
Fairly new to table, but have gotten a read on most players.

Hero has about $275 in the SB position.
Hand has been limped by 3 other players around to SB.
Hero has :6s::8s:

Move?

Last edited:
Limp along but you better temper your expectations. Flopping top pair is not what we want with :8s::6s:. If we don't flop a nut straight draw, a flush draw (not thrilled but still ok), trips, or two pair, you should be done with the hand almost immediately.

This was exactly what I was thinking !!! :tup:
Table image from everyone else is that most are fairly aggressive [average raise pre-flop was to $15] and have seen a lot of premium hands being played.
Figured I might as well not press any action pre-flop and hope for the best!

So I call the $2 and limp in as well...

Last edited:
This is where the hand gets interesting and I am not sure what I did, was correct, but want others opinions.
There are now 5 players going to a flop, Hero is in early position with 4 others behind, limped pot with $15 in it [minus the rake... after turn]

Flop comes down:
:9c::7d::th:

What would you have done in this position?

There are 15 cards you really don't want to see (8's-3, J's-4, Q's-4,K's-4), 20 cards you like (the wheel cards), and 9 cards which pair the board, but likely leave you still ahead, and the balance (6's-3,) which could cause you to split the pot.

You have about 68% equity against 4 random hands, but have terrible position.
I would 2/3-3/4 pot here, say $10 but not be married to the hand.

But given the title of this thread, you could just fold and save yourself the grief. ;)

A raise from either yourself or another player will have to happen in order to get your whole stack in comfortably. This CANNOT happen (at least feasibly) if this flop gets checked around. I'm betting full pot of $15, and could even see ticking that up even a bit higher to over potting for $20.

I lead out unless there is good reason to expect a bet. If betting, I think an over bet is best - lets say $20 or even $25 bucks. Most players aren't that sensitive to the bet size vs the pot. If $15 is the standard preflop bet, the table is accustomed to $30 to $50 flop bets. $25 bucks is no big deal.

Well actually $25 vs $10 on the flop is a big deal, but not to most players -=- DrStrange

I lead out unless there is good reason to expect a bet. If betting, I think an over bet is best - lets say $20 or even $25 bucks. Most players aren't that sensitive to the bet size vs the pot. If $15 is the standard preflop bet, the table is accustomed to $30 to $50 flop bets. $25 bucks is no big deal.

Well actually $25 vs $10 on the flop is a big deal, but not to most players -=- DrStrange

Sort of what I thought... but checking around hasn't happened at the table yet!
Since I am first to act here with 4 others behind me, I'm figuring that if I do check someone else is FOR SURE betting into the pot.

I don't see how you can't bet, I would lead out for $12-$15.

This, betting $15 here to build a big pot, I never count on a limped pot getting bet.

Call pre, check/call flop.
Never ever ever this in a small stakes game. Too many turn cards to change the board, you won’t have the betting lead on future streets and turns on coordinated boards often get checked through.

Last edited:
The check raise FOR SURE

This was my thought process!

This, betting $15 here to build a big pot, I never count on a limped pot getting bet.

Never ever ever this in a small stakes game. Too many turn cards to change the board, you won’t have the betting lead on future streets and turns on coordinated boards often get checked through.

I would normally have that thought process here, but after sitting and watching for 2+ hours, not a single hand, limped or not, was checked around after the flop... not one.

Hero will have the lead on all bets post flop, Hero was the SB!

I decide to go ahead and check here in 1st position... knowing a bet would take place and then check-raising !!!

So I check.
Next to act (Luckbox) as I knew would happen, bets out $15 into the $15 pot.
The other 3 Villains behind him all fold.
Action back to me...

...And I know I am check-raising at this point, what would be your standard raise in this situation?

I decide to go ahead and check here in 1st position... knowing a bet would take place and then check-raising !!!

So I check.
Next to act (Luckbox) as I knew would happen, bets out $15 into the $15 pot.
The other 3 Villains behind him all fold.
Action back to me...

...And I know I am check-raising at this point, what would be your standard raise in this situation?
I’d probably bet around $60 given the Board texture.

Anywhere from $50 - $60 is a good check-raise, provided that we are leading on all turns for half our stack (which would be about $100) which allows us to go all-in on the river for the rest.

I can't look away!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom