Guns you own (10 Viewers)

Newby to this thread so don't know if this is allowed. Anyone interested is selling/trading their 9mm revolver (3"-6" barrel) for my chippies. PM me to discuss.
Not allowed across unless you go through a gun dealer. I have traded before. You take the weapon to Gu Dealer, they ship to a gun dealer wherever you trade is going and that person pays a transfer fee.

If you are Canadian and have a PAL (purchase and acquisition license) then you can arrange a sale and ship via the post for long guns, pistols and some "named" rifles require registration to the new owner which takes days/weeks to approve. Canadians buying restricted pistols pay, then call to have the registration changed on both ends buyer/seller to the RCMP (Mounties, our FBI) and then the item stays with the seller until when the transfer approval occurs at which time the seller ships in the mail or face/face pick up.....

There are better sites that pokerchipforums though. If you are Canadian I would recommend Canadiangunnutz.com
Canadiangunnutz.com

Re California 10 round limit. I don’t get that, because a nut job should be able to eject and reload in a snap, 3 mags = 2 everywhere else. Meh.

Re California 10 round limit. I don’t get that, because a nut job should be able to eject and reload in a snap, 3 mags = 2 everywhere else. Meh.
I know some competitive shooters who can shoot 3x 10 round mags faster than most can shoot a 30 round mag. It’s impressive. They’ve done videos to prove it.

Mag capacity is meaningless. With someone who is determined and practiced, it really doesn’t matter. Hence “high capacity” should really be “standard capacity.”

Heller addresses common use.

15-17 rounds in a handgun and 20-30 rounds in a semiautomatic rifle (the most common rifles) are VERY common. I would hope that this Supreme Court would see magazine capacity issues as “common use,” just as the Ninth Circuit did regarding California.

1642766725512.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I know some competitive shooters who can shoot 3x 10 round mags faster than most can shoot a 30 round mag. It’s impressive. They’ve done videos to prove it.

Mag capacity is meaningless. With someone who is determined and practiced, it really doesn’t matter. Hence “high capacity” should really be “standard capacity.”

Heller addresses common use.

15-17 rounds in a handgun and 20-30 rounds in a semiautomatic rifle (the most common rifles) are VERY common. I would hope that this Supreme Court would see magazine capacity issues as “common use,” just as the Ninth Circuit did regarding California.
Setting aside the magazine capacity issue, I can’t agree that reloading is the non-issue that some have suggested. From what I’ve seen, the reload is the single most time-consuming part of a COF. I’ve seen the videos of the folks on the right side of the bell curve who can do that with no appreciable penalty and even regular joes/janes can reduce that time considerably but that takes loads of practice and it is still a time suck for most folks.

Would be interesting to take 200 random folks and give 100 3x10 mags and the other 1x30 mag and see who gets their rounds out and on target faster. I don’t think it would be even close and I’ll definitely take the single 30 round mag.

As to magazine rounds.. the issue with bans and limits is the bad guy gets to set the time and date of the encounter…. They can plan, prepare, bring 20 magazines etc. and if they’re evil and intent on malice, then they could care less about round count. Why limit the good people to 10 rds. Yes, most gunfights are over in seconds, but most people under stress can’t hit crap…. Round counts matter

Just spent the last few days at SHOT show. I should have taken pictures for y'all. Lots of cool things to ogle at!

Besides a funeral, is there another bad reason for a Vegas trip??? ;)

Re: Shot Show - Ohman, I would be like a fat kid in a candy store! I've never gone but was supposed to plenty of times... :/

ETA: Just to clarify, I'm fat now and I still like candy so I guess I could say "me in a candy store"!

As to magazine rounds.. the issue with bans and limits is the bad guy gets to set the time and date of the encounter…. They can plan, prepare, bring 20 magazines etc. and if they’re evil and intent on malice, then they could care less about round count. Why limit the good people to 10 rds. Yes, most gunfights are over in seconds, but most people under stress can’t hit crap…. Round counts matter
Don’t disagree in general principle - be prepared! - but this is sorta the argument to nowhere, though. If your operating assumption is to repel an attack from an adversary that’s planned, prepared and armed to the teeth, and you’re not operating on alert-ready status 24/7 then you’re so far behind the 8-ball from the start that magazine capacity isn’t going to matter.

Anyone have any experience with the difference between Sig Legion and Sig Equinox?

Don’t disagree in general principle - be prepared! - but this is sorta the argument to nowhere, though. If your operating assumption is to repel an attack from an adversary that’s planned, prepared and armed to the teeth, and you’re not operating on alert-ready status 24/7 then you’re so far behind the 8-ball from the start that magazine capacity isn’t going to matter.
But why start by limiting me before I even in the position?

Anyone have any experience with the difference between Sig Legion and Sig Equinox?
I had a 226 Equinox and a 229 Legion…both in 9mm. Both were very good pistols, but not great IMO and each had their shortcomings. The Equinox was a beautiful gun but it wasn’t much more than the basic 226 with a nicer finish, different grips that were way too coarse for me, an extended beaver tail and their new X-Ray sights. Mine was an older version and they could be a little different now. Again…very good shooter but just not worth the extra $$ to me. If you’re wanting a “fancy” pistol, this is the one you want. I sold this right after I got the Legion due to how much better I shot the Legion.

If you’re wanting the better “shooter”, the Legion is clearly the better choice. The internals are polished by the custom shop for a better than stock trigger. The adjustable over travel stop was a welcomed addition too. The grips were much more to my liking (Hogue G10 fine checkered) and the additional checkering on the front strap was great. The undercut on the trigger guard made gripping the pistol even more comfortable as well. It had a slightly smaller beaver tail than the Equinox but the difference in the two was negligible to me. This pistol just felt way better in my hands than the Equinox did. It had the same X-Ray sights. Now for the bad…the finish was absolute garbage. Totally unacceptable for the price increase this model commands. I’ve heard they improved it, but their standard nitride finish is far more durable. It was a great shooter, but I just couldn’t accept how shitty the finish was…so I sold it too.

I’ll finish this novella with this…it’s hard to beat a classic Sig in any configuration. Either will serve you well for a lifetime…I still own 3 of them!

Reactions: BNM
I had a 226 Equinox and a 229 Legion…both in 9mm. Both were very good pistols, but not great IMO and each had their shortcomings. The Equinox was a beautiful gun but it wasn’t much more than the basic 226 with a nicer finish, different grips that were way too coarse for me, an extended beaver tail and their new X-Ray sights. Mine was an older version and they could be a little different now. Again…very good shooter but just not worth the extra $$ to me. If you’re wanting a “fancy” pistol, this is the one you want. I sold this right after I got the Legion due to how much better I shot the Legion.

If you’re wanting the better “shooter”, the Legion is clearly the better choice. The internals are polished by the custom shop for a better than stock trigger. The adjustable over travel stop was a welcomed addition too. The grips were much more to my liking (Hogue G10 fine checkered) and the additional checkering on the front strap was great. The undercut on the trigger guard made gripping the pistol even more comfortable as well. It had a slightly smaller beaver tail than the Equinox but the difference in the two was negligible to me. This pistol just felt way better in my hands than the Equinox did. It had the same X-Ray sights. Now for the bad…the finish was absolute garbage. Totally unacceptable for the price increase this model commands. I’ve heard they improved it, but their standard nitride finish is far more durable. It was a great shooter, but I just couldn’t accept how shitty the finish was…so I sold it too.

I’ll finish this novella with this…it’s hard to beat a classic Sig in any configuration. Either will serve you well for a lifetime…I still own 3 of them!
Many thanks! When did you have the 229?

Whoa! That’s a lot of money in there. Crazy stuff!

Here’s my winter carry piece…a 220 compact that has been worked over by one of the best Sig smiths in the country. As good as the legion triggers can be, this one is just ridiculous!
34C6DD7A-F56B-4984-8C9F-D287E16B5332.jpeg

Unfortunate about the finish. Considering a 220 Legion. I just read a review that said the Equinox was for a person who wore a tuxedo a lot. Made me LOL.
I have to believe that Sig got it fixed regarding the finishing on the Legions. They’re incredible shooters and a 220 needs to be in any Sig fan’s collection.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom