Guns you own (13 Viewers)

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2020/6/26/the-keefe-report-colt-now-shipping-ar-15s/

Colt actually did what they said they would and returned to the AR market (wasn’t sure that would happen) Rumor is the OEM model will be back which is their 6920 without a stock, rail, and trigger guard (all things many replace). This is a bit cheaper and I think the best option for most...especially the one with the shaved front sight post.

If you want a combat grade AR from the company who literally owns the Technical Data Package for the M4 platform you will have a chance again.

Luckily we now have several choices for combat grade ARs (BCM the most famous) but here is an example of some of the “secret sauce“ you get with a Colt based on almost 30 years of T&E on the M4...most of which is combat experience. It’s a bit hard to see but Colt adds an additional angle on their feed ramps and polishes them do aid in feed reliability. Most would never notice this and I don’t know anyone else doing it.
11BE069A-0045-4FC2-AE5F-4603BF76E56A.jpeg

Anyone here deer hunt? I was thinking about getting a 243. Anyone had any issues with it not having enough firepower?

Good for white tail. A bit more for mule dear, maybe a 308 or 300 Remington Ultra Mag

I’ve tried getting an all purpose fishing rod but ultimately always end up with a trout rod, a bass rod, and surf rod haha.

So I’m thinking 243 for deer in the northeast (close targets given our thick woods/tree stand setups, <100 yards). I like this caliber because of the lack of recoil (and it’s the same as using a UL rig on trout vs a heavy rod, it doesn’t feel the same). And then a larger caliber if I ever get into bigger game.

However, I don’t want to be under gunned and lose game if the shot isn’t perfect.

Put it another way. Will a 308 take down a deer faster vs a 243 if you have to bust through a shoulder bone?

I’ve tried getting an all purpose fishing rod but ultimately always end up with a trout rod, a bass rod, and surf rod haha.

So I’m thinking 243 for deer in the northeast (close targets given our thick woods/tree stand setups, <100 yards). I like this caliber because of the lack of recoil (and it’s the same as using a UL rig on trout vs a heavy rod, it doesn’t feel the same). And then a larger caliber if I ever get into bigger game.

However, I don’t want to be under gunned and lose game if the shot isn’t perfect.

Put it another way. Will a 308 take down a deer faster vs a 243 if you have to bust through a shoulder bone?
Nice comparison here:
https://gunnewsdaily.com/243-vs-308/

I have the same gun just “XL” 12+1

View attachment 489535
Very nice. Yes most with medium or large hands feel more comfortable with the XL or the regular with extended mag for better grip. The conceal size of this is crazy small
6FDF4BE5-FE61-4F67-8227-2A548B0B3F33.jpeg
60AD2546-23D8-4999-ABB2-BB557C666805.jpeg
and compared to my FN 509 tactical....

560E0F4D-D4DD-4DE6-A6E2-E8848CE56814.jpeg

Last edited:
Yea I got the tacpac. So I also have 12+1 with all 3 magazines.
I was going to say, it says GA under your avatar. I didn’t think they had any type of mag restrictions

A flute without holes is not a flute.
A donut without holes is a danish.

That’s according to the Zen philosopher Basho:LOL: :laugh:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom