Guns you own (5 Viewers)

I wear a belly band when I run and have no problem. After running, make sure you wipe down your firearm with either a silicone rag, or balistol, or something similar to keep it from rusting from the sweat.

What do you carry when you run? Which belly band?

What do you carry when you run? Which belly band?

27AA4572-DE84-41B6-B23F-04DE331E3027.png

Seems to be unavailable now but there are a bunch of styles. I carry my phone in it, too

Ruger LC9s.

Sad to hear the Barrett 50 cal is going away...
My best friend is former regular Army guy current full time National Guard. Not any type of high speed guy though helps the armorers when he isn’t busy. Even he told me a couple years ago the 50 cal was unpopular and rarely used. According to guy in the video, weight is an issue...plus it looks like they have ammo for lighter rifles that can accomplish the same anti material purpose.

.... the 50 cal was unpopular and rarely used. According to guy in the video, weight is an issue...plus it looks like they have ammo for lighter rifles that can accomplish the same anti material purpose.

Even in 'Nam, you rarely saw a .50 that wasn't sandbagged in the bed of a deuce-and-a-half (for quick reaction forces) or atop a bunker, etc.

But those suckers put some weight more than a mile downrange when it's needed...

Yup. Videos all over the Internet ....but not being shown on CNN and the MSM. Here are two. Lots more out there.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/paula-bolyard/2020/05/31/we-werent-goin-to-sit-back-and-let-it-happen-
italian-bakery-owners-welcome-looters-with-an-impressive-arsenal-n473024

https://www.mcall.com/news/pennsylv...0200602-etevys44urgfxakhyryap4uczu-story.html

This one shows you just how effective it is. Check out how fast the looters run the other way
I don't know about Pensi, but stories like that make me thank God I live in a castle doctrine state. Up here the "investigation" would have been over about 20 minutes after it started.

The one I loved was the clueless moron doing the "Facebook Live" shoot. In his world looting & vandalism are not a problem because the owners "have insurance".

So, let me get this straight..... because I have insurance, that means dirtbags are perfectly justified in destroying what may have taken me years to build (& likely weeks/months to rebuild)? & who by the way is going to pay the deductible? Which likely reaches into at least 4 figures.

Personally, I think the guy was wise to take out a "supplemental insurance policy".... one that he was holding in his hands.

Or how about this.... if I crack the skull of the guy that just smashed my shop door & leave him to bleed to death on the sidewalk is that less "cowardly", & thus, a more acceptable result in his world?

I've resisted the temptation to believe that the relative IQ of the population at large has been dropping like a rock for decades. But empirical evidence has been mounting that I'm dead wrong on that at an alarming rate.

Last edited:
Even in 'Nam, you rarely saw a .50 that wasn't sandbagged in the bed of a deuce-and-a-half (for quick reaction forces) or atop a bunker, etc.

But those suckers put some weight more than a mile downrange when it's needed...
Ballsitically .50 is impressive obviously but these two Norma cartridges that they are using are extremely flat shooting and buck the wind. One of the most fascinating parts of the video is him describing the hold over and adjustment differences for .308 vs the new rounds. They are like laser guns compared to .308!

BTW, just saw these are for sale now. Pricey and I would wait for their 35% off Black Friday sales and buy direct...but this would be a bad ass “combat grade” shorty. If you are into ARs you should read about their in-house enhanced bolt carrier group. With all their military contracts I imagine the government may be interested in them.
BC34AEE6-1DB1-41C4-90C8-D4356926E70C.jpeg

Interesting enough, I had a conversation today with my secretary, who wants to invest in a hand gun for her home for self defense.

My recommendation, the Glock 19, even though I’m not a Glock guy.

I also told her to take an intro to handgun course first, and then rent a bunch of handguns and shoot as many as you can and see what you really like.

It’s been about a month, I really need to hit the range.

That's a serious belt. Do you rock three LC9s at a time? :) I'm temped by the LC9, and its been recommended, but its a totally new caliber...

LOL. No. I’ve noticed 2 kind of belly bands, this type, with multiple pockets, and another style with literally only 1 pocket. I like this style because I can put my phone in the front pocket, and have room for an extra magazine.

I find the LC9s to be much more comfortable to shoot compared to the Glock 43, with a slightly lower profile.

Reactions: BNM
A lot of the cost of production for a firearm is not just the materials and labor....it’s the inspection process and the built in waste cost for out of spec components.......
.....Or you could just let crap like this go out the door and sell it. If you are considering a budget AR ...or any gun...take a look at this.

Last edited:
Pew pew pew

IMG_20200607_134641825.jpg

I took three guns to the range... AR15 and two pistols, XDm 9mm and S&W M&P .40 cal. I've had the M&P for well over a year and haven't made it to the range yet. I decided to end that. Had a full magazine with both (the XDm was on my hip) and a box of each caliber in the range bag...

So we get there and I let Deuce empty both mags. I reload the XDm because it's extremely accurate, and I wanted to get back in the groove (it's been so long since I've been to the range). Plus, I wanted to compare the feel of both rounds back to back. I put 5 rounds of 9mm down range, then grab the .40 to load it... The mag wouldn't hold the ammo... Then I looked at the box... And it was another box of 9mm. :banghead: So I still haven't shot my .40 cal.

Last edited:
Then I looked at the box... And it was another box of 9mm. :banghead: So I still haven't shot my .40 cal.

Don't ya hate it when that happens? :D

Sorry, but I have to laugh.... but if it makes you feel any better, I'm laughing mostly at myself.... for doing nearly the exact same thing.

Get to the target range.... only to eventually figure out I've forgotten ammo for one of whatever I brought with me.

Does that mean you own too many guns?

Don't ya hate it when that happens? :D

Sorry, but I have to laugh.... but if it makes you feel any better, I'm laughing mostly at myself.... for doing nearly the exact same thing.

Get to the target range.... only to eventually figure out I've forgotten ammo for one of whatever I brought with me.

Does that mean you own too many guns?

No such thing. LOL

Reactions: Dix
Pew pew pew

View attachment 472312

I took three guns to the range... AR15 and two pistols, XDm 9mm and S&W M&P .40 cal. I've had the M&P for well over a year and haven't made it to the range yet. I decided to end that. Had a full magazine with both (the XDm was on my hip) and a box of each caliber in the range bag...

So we get there and I let Deuce empty both mags. I reload the XDm because it's extremely accurate, and I wanted to get back in the groove (it's been so long since I've been to the range). Plus, I wanted to compare the feel of both rounds back to back. I put 5 rounds of 9mm down range, then grab the .40 to load it... The mag wouldn't hold the ammo... Then I looked at the box... And it was another box of 9mm. :banghead: So I still haven't shot my .40 cal.
A while back went to the range to shoot my old 1911s that I have not shot in a few years. Had the ammo but forgot mags

Reactions: Dix
Where are all the gun pics?? Data shows 2 million first time gun purchases....there has to be something

Well this isn’t a new gun but is my clay sports shotgun. A Beretta White Onyx 686 32” 12G. Sporting model with the oiled wood. Not a fancy one but the same action they use in there more elegantly appointed models

8745A4E3-1862-475D-AD1E-D9163955B708.jpeg

I have been looking for a Sig MPX but can’t find the version I want. It also has a $1800 price tag so I started looking at 9mm AR pistols which cost a lot less and all use Glock magazines.

I figured if I’m going that route I should have a Glock 9mm as well since I will be buying a bunch of mags anyways.

So I just bought the Glock 9mm.

B8F5BAB5-FEDF-41AE-B8B9-12EBE5E7C105.jpeg

I have been looking for a Sig MPX but can’t find the version I want. It also has a $1800 price tag so I started looking at 9mm AR pistols which cost a lot less and all use Glock magazines.

I figured if I’m going that route I should have a Glock 9mm as well since I will be buying a bunch of mags anyways.

So I just bought the Glock 9mm.

View attachment 476511
I sent this ad to my brother in law just this morning. I told him to get either this or the G43 for carry. He also wants me to help him build an AR. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom