Guns you own (5 Viewers)

The LCP is the smallest i would carry, I've owned a few- keep selling it though. I don't know why I can't hold onto 380's. I carry A P365 everyday I'm not in Massachusetts. I like that it's 9mm and holds 12 in the mag. Shoots much better than the LCP, but it is slightly larger/heavier- the P365 isn't as "snappy" to shoot either. The LCP is a nice pocket gun IMO, that was one thing I did like, it was nice when you were wearing shorts and didn't feel like wearing an IWB holster... I might buy another, you can grab one for like $180

Last edited:
Looking for ideas for a lightweight, compact or sub-compact for carry when I run. Considering Sig P365 or Glock 43x at the moment. Any other initial ideas?

huge fan of the G43’s. The most excited I’ve gotten about a gun in a long time.

What do you like about it?

profile is small, and it’s light weight... yet it shoots like a larger gun and without the issues associated with the G26. The trigger is smooth too. ;). Price was pretty cheap too.

Lot of my friends CCW the 43 and swear by it.

05FAAD66-8F4F-496E-846A-80D5673969E9.jpeg
1EDC4387-A595-4458-8C46-2134071CAC5B.jpeg

For those (@Old State ) and others, who have advocated the AR 15 for HD, what are your go-to methods for securing it in a readily accessible manner, in case of nighttime intruders (in your bedroom, for instance). This cant be installing a floor safe in my wife's precious closet...

I've seen some mounts at work, that involve removal of the mag, and placing the weapon on top of a wall mounted block that seats into the mag-well. Then there's a padlock applied that in theory can be removed quickly... I've also seen wall mounted rifle sized safes, but again this isn't an option. I can scrounge up wall space for an AR pistol, but how to secure it properly...? I mean, I can have a handgun at the ready in mere seconds... if I gotta fumble with a complex (or key) locking padlock, the AR is pointless (doesn't mean I won't still buy it). :)

Found THIS option. What do y’all think?

Anyone here have a Sig MPX?

I want a 9mm carbine but hate to spend $1700-2000 on one. There are a lot of AR-15 9mm options in the $700-900 range. What I don’t like about them is the mag well is still designed to take a 5.56 mag so there is a lot of space.

I think a 9mm carbine could be a great compromise for a HD weapon. High capacity mag, compact size, maneuverability, 9mm self defense ammo has far less over penetration issue.

The biggest drawback I can think of is being the cost and availability.

Anyone here have a Sig MPX?

I want a 9mm carbine but hate to spend $1700-2000 on one. There are a lot of AR-15 9mm options in the $700-900 range. What I don’t like about them is the mag well is still designed to take a 5.56 mag so there is a lot of space.

I think a 9mm carbine could be a great compromise for a HD weapon. High capacity mag, compact size, maneuverability, 9mm self defense ammo has far less over penetration issue.

The biggest drawback I can think of is being the cost and availability.
I had a Palmetto Arms 9mm pistol that took Glock mags. I believe that they make a carbine as well. Not sure if they would fit the bill here. I liked mine.

I had a Palmetto Arms 9mm pistol that took Glock mags. I believe that they make a carbine as well. Not sure if they would fit the bill here. I liked mine.

I have looked at their’s as well. Seems like a fun range gun, but probably a little too finicky to be counted on for HD.

I think the Sig MPX would be much more reliable in the regard.

I've seen some mounts at work, that involve removal of the mag, and placing the weapon on top of a wall mounted block that seats into the mag-well. Then there's a padlock applied that in theory can be removed quickly... I've also seen wall mounted rifle sized safes, but again this isn't an option. I can scrounge up wall space for an AR pistol, but how to secure it properly...? I mean, I can have a handgun at the ready in mere seconds... if I gotta fumble with a complex (or key) locking padlock, the AR is pointless (doesn't mean I won't still buy it).

Secure it during the day, unlock it at night...

I keep my CZ P01 in my nightstand- loaded unlocked ready to rock, AR in the walk in loaded ready to go, 870 loaded ready to go next to it. No kids in my house. I have 3 other pistols about the house loaded ready to rock- my wife has many options for her when I'm not home. The AR and 870are for "crowd control" should any weird shit go down that we see coming, I don't expect to use them for night time intruders. The P01 with the light is for unexpected dead guests

Last edited:
I keep my CZ P01 in my nightstand- loaded unlocked ready to rock, AR in the walk in loaded ready to go, 870 loaded ready to go next to it. No kids in my house. I have 3 other pistols about the house loaded ready to rock- my wife has many options for her when I'm not home. The AR and 870are for "crowd control" should any weird shit go down that we see coming, I don't expect to use them for night time intruders. The P01 with the light is for unexpected dead guests

unlocked and unsecured isn’t an option. Two teenage kids in the house. that’s the eternal HD debate... speed of access vs protection of those who shouldn’t have access.

unlocked and unsecured isn’t an option. Two teenage kids in the house. that’s the eternal HD debate... speed of access vs protection of those who shouldn’t have access.
Get rid of the kids. Easy fix :meh:, there has to be a fire station close by, they'll understand with these f-ed up times we're in.

I had a .410 at 10 I kept in my room, I know times are different, but it's not better. Far from it.

Last edited:
Random thought....

Have "they" pussified our kids and made them slaves to electronic devices so they won't fight back? Turned the younger generations into pacifists willing to give up their rights for the "greater good"?

Bourbon fueled rant...sorry, carry on as you were.

Missing liberty.

LIVE FREE OR DIE - NH state motto

Random thought....

Have "they" pussified our kids and made them slaves to electronic devices so they won't fight back? Turned the younger generations into pacifists willing to give up their rights for the "greater good"?

Bourbon fueled rant...sorry, carry on as you were.

Missing liberty.

LIVE FREE OR DIE - NH state motto

this is from a few years back.. my daughter is now a 3rd degree black belt.. my son has his 1st degree.

0A730DAE-9D09-4CB5-A704-42B4CD38AE4F.jpeg

For those (@Old State ) and others, who have advocated the AR 15 for HD, what are your go-to methods for securing it in a readily accessible manner, in case of nighttime intruders (in your bedroom, for instance). This cant be installing a floor safe in my wife's precious closet...

I've seen some mounts at work, that involve removal of the mag, and placing the weapon on top of a wall mounted block that seats into the mag-well. Then there's a padlock applied that in theory can be removed quickly... I've also seen wall mounted rifle sized safes, but again this isn't an option. I can scrounge up wall space for an AR pistol, but how to secure it properly...? I mean, I can have a handgun at the ready in mere seconds... if I gotta fumble with a complex (or key) locking padlock, the AR is pointless (doesn't mean I won't still buy it). :)

Found THIS option. What do y’all think?
This is only real trouble with the AR for HD. We are having our master bathroom redone and May redo our walk-in closet with an organizer system. I’m think of putting a between the studs fast access single rifle “safe”. Best scenario is to have a pistol and a rifle staged so you can make a choice based on the circumstances

But here are some other ideas...or at least things along this line...
http://preparedgunowners.com/2017/02/02/3-awesome-new-fast-access-gun-safes-for-your-ar-15/

Boomdock is a modern version of the LocBox. incant believe the interviewer in the video at the end of the link said he's never seen a system like that. He lost all credibility (at least with me) from that point.

I'm not a huge fan of RFID and pin pads...however, i do like the bracelet RFID option. That's pretty ingenious.

profile is small, and it’s light weight... yet it shoots like a larger gun and without the issues associated with the G26. The trigger is smooth too. ;). Price was pretty cheap too.

Lot of my friends CCW the 43 and swear by it.

View attachment 464124View attachment 464125

Would you run/bike with it? Based on reviews and weights, etc., it seems slightly heavy.

Would you run/bike with it? Based on reviews and weights, etc., it seems slightly heavy.
I don’t even run/bike with a knife on most days, unless I’m bike tour ing and not worried about weight

I don’t even run/bike with a knife on most days, unless I’m bike tour ing and not worried about weight

Yeah, that’s the challenge. Looking for something I can run with.

Looking for ideas for a lightweight, compact or sub-compact for carry when I run. Considering Sig P365 or Glock 43x at the moment. Any other initial ideas?
I’d look at M&P Shield in 9mm.

I personally love the M&P line and they are extremely well vetted. Also have signIficant aftermarket support....which is something I don’t think enough people consider. This means inexpensive mags and parts, tons of holster options, easy accessibility, etc.
It’s a Glock world but M&P is a close second. I think you get the stone cold reliability of Glock with better ergonomics.

EDIT- Here is another option. This guy is one of the best reviewers on YouTube and I trust his opinions

Last edited:
Looking for some advice on AR-15s.

More specifically, I want to buy something that's quite good out of the box. It looks like price points for ARs chambered in 5.56 start at around $449 (Umarex)... however I'm very much of the mindset that good ain't cheap and cheap ain't good. I don't want to buy something that's going to require a bunch of upgrades before it's enjoyable to own.

Reasons for purchase: 90% for the enjoyment/challenge of hitting targets proficiently; 10% for home defense.

Desired price point: ~$1k. I will go higher if it's justifiable but if I could check all the boxes for that price I'd be happy.

Right now, I don't know what I don't know so anything you can share would be helpful.

On some aspects like the stock and the grip, I feel as though good enough is good enough. Where I don't want to sacrifice quality are the trigger, weight and flexibility of the ammo it will shoot. I also think I'm partial to the picatinny rails that run the entire length of the rifle although I'm not sure it's needed. Easy maintenance is also important to me.

Is there a resource that explains the pros and cons of the various attributes in an easy to consume fashion like a matrix? I'm tired of Googling every time I run across an acronym I don't understand :)

Right now, I'm looking at this rifle as an option: https://www.dunhamssports.com/produ...mi-auto_scoped_rifle_package/W0000072805.html

They also have this version but I'm not sure what the differences are: https://www.dunhamssports.com/product/m400_scoped_semi-auto_rifle_package/W0000074634.html

There's an 'elite' version of that rifle but it seems to be discontinued.

I'll stop there so this doesn't turn into a book. Any advice you can share would be greatly appreciated.

More specifically, I want to buy something that's quite good out of the box. It looks like price points for ARs chambered in 5.56 start at around $449 (Umarex)... however I'm very much of the mindset that good ain't cheap and cheap ain't good. I don't want to buy something that's going to require a bunch of upgrades before it's enjoyable to own.

Reasons for purchase: 90% for the enjoyment/challenge of hitting targets proficiently; 10% for home defense.

Desired price point: ~$1k. I will go higher if it's justifiable but if I could check all the boxes for that price I'd be happy.

Right now, I don't know what I don't know so anything you can share would be helpful.

On some aspects like the stock and the grip, I feel as though good enough is good enough. Where I don't want to sacrifice quality are the trigger, weight and flexibility of the ammo it will shoot. I also think I'm partial to the picatinny rails that run the entire length of the rifle although I'm not sure it's needed. Easy maintenance is also important to me.

Is there a resource that explains the pros and cons of the various attributes in an easy to consume fashion like a matrix? I'm tired of Googling every time I run across an acronym I don't understand :)

Right now, I'm looking at this rifle as an option: https://www.dunhamssports.com/produ...mi-auto_scoped_rifle_package/W0000072805.html

They also have this version but I'm not sure what the differences are: https://www.dunhamssports.com/product/m400_scoped_semi-auto_rifle_package/W0000074634.html

I'll stop there so this doesn't turn into a book. Any advice you can share would be greatly appreciated.
Years ago, I would've answered BCM without even thinking... But I don't follow the AR works a closely anymore.

ARs are like poker chips in that you will get a hundred different answers, and some even saying go custom and build your own.

What is your all-in budget, including accessories (scope/red dot, sling, flashlight) and magazines?

Will this be a bench gun, for the gun range to shoot stationary targets? At what distance?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom