Guns you own (9 Viewers)

I had my bachelor party over the weekend (getting married in a few weeks) and my brother (also my best man) surprised me with this:

9E6C154B-5CA9-4428-B29F-8FE193213096.jpeg

Ruger 22/45 Target model. I’ve had my eyes on it for years.

If anyone remembers me from chiptalk - I constantly bought and sold chips. Once I found something I liked I searched and searched and bought...once i had it I was sick of it and would sell them.

Well I stopped doing with chips and now do it with guns... my two latest below. I have thought of selling th Kimber, but it shoots better than any pistol I've ever owned (and I've owned a lot). The Rami is just fun, I had a CZ PCR and sold it, now I want it back. It shot very well. As you can tell I've gone away from poly guns - all metal now.

axe7gz.jpg

Kimber Aegis 9mm Ultra carry

iw18hw.jpg

CZ Rami

Last edited:
I had my bachelor party over the weekend (getting married in a few weeks) and my brother (also my best man) surprised me with this:

Ruger 22/45 Target model. I’ve had my eyes on it for years.

I take it your brother is not a fan in general of marriage? :eek:

If anyone remembers me from chiptalk - I constantly bought and sold chips. Once I found something I liked I searched and searched and bought...once i had it I was sick of it and would sell them.

Well I stopped doing with chips and now do it with guns... my two latest below. I have thought of selling th Kimber, but it shoots better than any pistol I've ever owned (and I've owned a lot). The Rami is just fun, I had a CZ PCR and sold it, now I want it back. It shot very well. As you can tell I've gone away from poly guns - all metal now.

axe7gz.jpg

Kimber Aegis 9mm Ultra carry

iw18hw.jpg

CZ Rami

Kimber’s are awesome! Best shooting gun I have. Better than my Les Baer.

Kimber’s are awesome! Best shooting gun I have. Better than my Les Baer.

Interesting take...Every Kimber I have shot was average at best with a jamomatic thrown in every now and then.

My Les Baer TRS is a tack driver and I have a Nighthawk Talon II that is also super accurate.

The 1911 platform is probably my favorite pistol, but I have never wanted a Kimber.

I'm glad yours is awesome.

I've owned multiple kimbers- I had a full sized 45 stainless 2 - It didn't shoot great, average.... and the gun was sloppy. But I do agree, there are some average at best Kimber out there. The 9 I have is a tack driver - 3 inch barrel and shoots like my glock 34. A couple gripes, I have a bit of carry wear from the tip of the gun rubbing on the brass rivets on my jeans and that it doesn't care for cheap ammo. I don't usually buy anything other than brass, but once in a while I have junk and this gun doesn't like it. That s the reason I keep my cz, I could run rocks through it and I bet they fired.

Interesting take...Every Kimber I have shot was average at best with a jamomatic thrown in every now and then.

My Les Baer TRS is a tack driver and I have a Nighthawk Talon II that is also super accurate.

The 1911 platform is probably my favorite pistol, but I have never wanted a Kimber.

I'm glad yours is awesome.

I must have got a good one. 1911 is definitely my fav also. Shoot them so much better than the 9’s. I’m anxiously waiting for the surplus 1911 sale through the CMP

IWI Tavor X95 in 5.56 is on the way, been waiting for this one since mid-December when I ordered it

Bergara BMP in 6.5 Creedmoor is the next one on the list, complete with Viper Vortex PST 5-25x50 optic

I've owned multiple kimbers- I had a full sized 45 stainless 2 - It didn't shoot great, average.... and the gun was sloppy. But I do agree, there are some average at best Kimber out there. The 9 I have is a tack driver - 3 inch barrel and shoots like my glock 34. A couple gripes, I have a bit of carry wear from the tip of the gun rubbing on the brass rivets on my jeans and that it doesn't care for cheap ammo. I don't usually buy anything other than brass, but once in a while I have junk and this gun doesn't like it. That s the reason I keep my cz, I could run rocks through it and I bet they fired.

Personally, I've never owned a Kimber. After spending time working at a lgs and seeing all of the Kimber's come in with multiple issues, I shyed away from ever getting one. For all I knew, the "issues" were due to the shooter and not the gun, but still.

Of the 1911's that I've owned (3), the Ruger was my favorite. Also had a Springfield and a Colt. They were all just as dependable as the next one.

Personally, I've never owned a Kimber. After spending time working at a lgs and seeing all of the Kimber's come in with multiple issues, I shyed away from ever getting one. For all I knew, the "issues" were due to the shooter and not the gun, but still.

Of the 1911's that I've owned (3), the Ruger was my favorite. Also had a Springfield and a Colt. They were all just as dependable as the next one.
I should probably note that my 1911 9mm is a custom shop model. This is most likely the reason it shoots so well, it has an awesome trigger and a high end barrel. So I'm sure this adds to why it shoot so well. I know how to shoot and I know a good trigger and what it can do. I guess you get what you pay for. I can get 1" groups at 30 feet with my Kimber aegis, I get 3" groups with my CZ...love them both. I'm sure I could shoot as well with the CZ if I got trigger job on it, but I'll probably sell it first.

Can't believe I just stumbled on this thread. No way I post pictures of my entire collection lest someone thinks I have a problem ;), but here is pic of the CZ family (Shadow 1, Shadow 2, Bull Shadow, and P10C)

upload_2018-4-7_18-38-4.png

Can't believe I just stumbled on this thread. No way I post pictures of my entire collection lest someone thinks I have a problem ;), but here is pic of the CZ family (Shadow 1, Shadow 2, Bull Shadow, and P10C)

Yeah... No, you have a problem

What are those baseplates? Pretty awesome.

Yeah... No, you have a problem

What are those baseplates? Pretty awesome.

Yeah I am a bit of a CZ fanatic. Have my eyes on a second Shadow 2 since that is my competition gun and I need a backup.

The base plates are from Henning. Not sure the rules on posting links so you google Henning baseplates. Mine do not add capacity, since I shoot production and I have magazine length restrictions, but he does make baseplates that add rounds along with other stuff. The grips in my pic are his too and they're pretty awesome.

I should probably note that my 1911 9mm is a custom shop model. This is most likely the reason it shoots so well, it has an awesome trigger and a high end barrel. So I'm sure this adds to why it shoot so well. I know how to shoot and I know a good trigger and what it can do. I guess you get what you pay for. I can get 1" groups at 30 feet with my Kimber aegis, I get 3" groups with my CZ...love them both. I'm sure I could shoot as well with the CZ if I got trigger job on it, but I'll probably sell it first.

Yeah, custom shop models tend to have tighter "tolerances" for the most part. I've had several people suggest having a new trigger put on my Sig, but I refuse to. It's supper smooth for a 9mm and after 1k rounds with zero issues, I'm not complaining! If I were to make any changes, it would be a cerakote job.

1911's are "fun" to shoot. Used to carry each of those 3 that I mentioned before. The weight wasn't so much of an issue however, but I guess I just got tired of 'em. Now I want one strictly for a range toy (maybe the "We the People.." Sig).

My oldest sister has a good friend visiting all the way from Cairns Queensland Australia for 2 weeks. One of the things she wanted to do on this trip was shoot a gun. She has never even handled one in her life before today.

I took her to a local range during lunch today. I have taken a few gun virgins before and it has gone the spectrum of being done after the first trigger pull to like today where she shot until we ran out of ammo and her arms were shaking!!!

She was a natural, after giving her the safety basics we started with a 22 single action revolver. Then moved to a 22 rifle, after that she put 150 rounds through my HK-VP 9mm!!!

She was on target and hitting bullseyes in no time flat!

The owner of the range was so excited as she is the person that has come the furthest in the world to shoot at his range so he wanted to get a photo.

82D06F35-E11B-4242-8772-92D5CBDC08AF.jpeg
0466D5E9-99B7-4E7D-9494-FB5D99C9E189.jpeg
D4F554CA-0052-45A5-AA14-D5C900AD6250.jpeg

Ran out of ammo?

Please explain.

Lol, I only brought 3 boxes of 9mm with me and a brick of 22. We didn’t go through all of the 22 but did put a nice dent in it. She was shooting as fast as I could reload! I thought 150 rounds would be plenty for a 1 hour shoot. Lesson learned.

Lol, I only brought 3 boxes of 9mm with me and a brick of 22. We didn’t go through all of the 22 but did put a nice dent in it. She was shooting as fast as I could reload! I thought 150 rounds would be plenty for a 1 hour shoot. Lesson learned.
a 10/22 is a fun day. I love mine. I have a ton of firearms. GLad i found this thread.

Just a plain and simple Glock 22 with 15 round mags which are "tough" to get in Massachusetts :)

We all started with dice chips.... There's still time....

Just busting your chops... I'm not a Glock hater...
Bust away! I was just looking for something reliable for personal safety around Boston. Now once I move out to the boonies... that's when the fun will begin!

@Sprouty

Double-barrel 1911. Mag was two separate single stacks with one floor plate. A real Franken-pistol...

IMG_20181214_171630705.jpg

I think it's called a 3822 (2x1911)? Chambered in .90 ACP? Cool, but totally impractical.

And no, I don't own it, just saw it in the store this afternoon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom