Guitars you own (2 Viewers)

That is spectacular!
I saw exact same year, make, model, color, for sale at a shop in CO last month. All original for $6500.

Cheaper than many of today's chipsets :)
Yeah, no kidding!!! Honestly never thought I’d see prices like that… for either!!! Haha

Can't afford a real jazzmaster so built one from a kit. (minus the top lead/rhythm switch.
View attachment 988039
Plays and sounds great. Everything is from stock kit except the tuning machines. I decided to go with vintage style for better stability. The P90's manage to crank out a respectable 9.5 ohm / resistance. Have no idea what that really means internally, but the sound is very crunchy and lots of gain before going to the amp; then gets a gain boost thru the amp. Net result is a great classic rock sound that hides my playing flaws :)
Wow!! She’s a beauty!!!!! Well done!:tup::)

Screenshot_20220917-111841.png
Screenshot_20220917-111047.png

Last edited:
That is awesome.
I've been shielding my pickup cavities but tbh don't really hear any difference.
Thanks, put it together myself and used a walnut neck with mother of pearl inlays. I started with finding the sea green body for a good deal because it was too cool not to use.

Thanks, put it together myself and used a walnut neck with mother of pearl inlays. I started with finding the sea green body for a good deal because it was too cool not to use.
Damn right it's too cool not to use. Stunning.

I sold off most of my equipment when my band stopped playing in 2006. Might pick it back up though. Kept my favorite Gibson Les Paul Studio. And picked up a low end Taylor acoustic a few years ago. I also still have my very first guitar!
View attachment 1054866
View attachment 1054867View attachment 1054868View attachment 1054870View attachment 1054871View attachment 1054872
That Les Paul is a great colour. Never seen that before. Mind you I’m a lefty and all we ever get offered from every manufacturer is black, white or sunburst :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I’ll check them out. Haven’t heard of them. Any good?
I'm a bit of a fanboy. I've bought and sold a good number over the years, and not one of them was a dog. They're made in the Mirr factory in S. Korea, then gone over by one of just a couple techs at the Reverend shop. They're a great value brand. I know there are some UK dealers, so something should be available.

I’ll check them out. Haven’t heard of them. Any good?
Their lefty options are limited, naturally, but they sort of rotate color options on a regular basis. Here's the current lineup.
1673206063982.png

My go-to's in the rotation atm
View attachment 987952

I swapped out the cream plastics for all black on the Lester.

Running through
View attachment 987953
Love the tones I can run her through.

I've had this guitar for ageeeeessss.......love it 100% still. Hagstrom out of Sweden, such a joy to play w the skinny neck.
View attachment 987954
Nice avatar. Gorilla Biscuits were one of the first bands that got me into punk/hardcore. All those old Rev bands are great. What kind of music do you play?

Nice avatar. Gorilla Biscuits were one of the first bands that got me into punk/hardcore. All those old Rev bands are great. What kind of music do you play?
Good deal!
When I was taking lessons years ago I really began to appreciate Jazz. I learned a lot from my instructor. I still noodle around with it today to some degree.

But, there's nothing like plugging in and playing bands like the Buzzcocks, LOVE me some All/Descendents (Stephen Egerton is a wiz), your staple HC band such as Minor Threat, Quicksand, Bad Brains, anything and everything Rev related (I am partial to Chain of Strength, GB, Nerve Agents). Basically anything and everything.

What about you?

Good deal!
When I was taking lessons years ago I really began to appreciate Jazz. I learned a lot from my instructor. I still noodle around with it today to some degree.

But, there's nothing like plugging in and playing bands like the Buzzcocks, LOVE me some All/Descendents (Stephen Egerton is a wiz), your staple HC band such as Minor Threat, Quicksand, Bad Brains, anything and everything Rev related (I am partial to Chain of Strength, GB, Nerve Agents). Basically anything and everything.

What about you?
Yep, love all those bands you mentioned. Was heavy into the old youth crew stuff. In my younger days. My last band had pleasure to be on the same bill as the Cro-Mags and Shelter. As well as a bunch of other great bands of the day. Toured up and down the east coast every weekend we could. Tim from Mouthpiece/Hands Tied gave us a place to stay once…Great guy. Toured the country a few times. Stopped playing 20 years ago, got married and a real job…lol. Miss those old days!

@BonScot, what’s your pedalboard look like? I switched over to the Line 6 Helix pretty early on, and have been pretty happy with it. I sometimes miss the pedalboard, but I don’t miss fiddling with patch cables and power supplies, nor do I miss the hunt for the perfect third stage overdrive. ;)
Translate…I think I’m in the wrong thread.

I hit the drums and they make noise…

I have a few guitars on the wall in my office/poker palazzo... from the left:
American Strat stock (~2014)
Squier Contemporary Tele Stock
Squier Jazzmaster
View attachment 1065828

View attachment 1065829
First of all, love that room!
1674616717752.gif

Secondly, all your guitars are backwards.

And thirdly, is the Jazzmaster the Vintage Modified? At any rate, Squier makes good stuff. We’re in the glory days of inexpensive guitars.

First of all, love that room!
Thanks man! I signed my lease about 6 months ago. Since then, it's been a hit with my crew.

Secondly, all your guitars are backwards.
Your powers of observation are astounding :)

And thirdly, is the Jazzmaster the Vintage Modified? At any rate, Squier makes good stuff. We’re in the glory days of inexpensive guitars.
It's the 60's Classic Vibe. Agreed - I think Squiers play and sound amazing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom