• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine grouse mt. lodge, large set (1 Viewer)

That's a weird situation... The chips are/were fawesome. Shaped inlay on the THC mold. However the inlay has faded, which is fine if you keep them as is... "Motor Inn" and all. Not my cup of tea, and it would cost an arm and a leg to get @Gear to replace all 300 of them.

The Grouse Mountain Lodge are insanely awesome as is... but that breakdown.

It will be interesting to see where these end up price wise.

Very cool set.
You don't see too many shaped inlay solids.

"Counts are as follows .50c Grey qty:20, 1 Green qty:2160, 5 Red qty:508, 10 White qty:97, 20 Peach qty:86, 100 Black qty:98. No racks included. Condition as pictured."

Interested buyers (likely not me) should clarify the chip counts, as the breakdown totals add up to 2969 instead of 3369. It would seem there should be 908 $5 chips, instead of 508, (and then that would add up to 3369) but please verify, but it could also be that the seller is planning to keep 400 of the $5s pictured, and listed the wrong total chips. Either the count of 508 $5 chips or the overall total count of 3369 chips needs to be corrected.

Cool chips, though.

I don't think the inlays are faded, but on the ones and fives the chips are worn enough that the inlay is starting to pull away from the outside a little.

There are not enough 50c chips to be useful. Same for the high denoms. I think the winner of the auction will be well served monetarily to make twenty sample sets, then make a couple limit sets.

I’m probably bidding on these, a cash set with enough $5s and all the high denoms will leave a small playable cash amount of $1s and $5s and then a good sized limit set of $1s for somebody.

If we are splitting - - -

500 $1s { more if needed }
500 $5s { more if needed }
I would take the $20 and $100 but no doubt many others would be interested in them as well. Perhaps the person making the buy and splitting / shipping the chips should decide how to handle all the other chips as the reward for their extra work?

It would be best for us all not to be bidding against each other, the price could get ouchy X 4,000 chips. Assuming we can come to an agreement before Sunday.

DrStrange

Wow, interesting chips. As upNdown said, you don't see solids with shaped inlays very often.

Also, this is Grouse Mountain, at least the one in Vancouver. (The chips are from Montana.)

1530549901148.png

Chipguide says Grouse Mountain and Cavanaugh's were two places in Montana, one in Kalispell and one in Whitefish. They are near each other. Similar inlays leads me to believe the same entity owned both places. Notice that some chips say one, some the other. Chipguide is short on pictures for both, so this is the hoard of chips for both places I imagine. Cavanaugh's has a shaped inlay 25c and 50c chip, none of which are in this auction. The rest of chips pictured in chipguide are in this auction. For Montana chip collectors, this is great if you don't own singles of these already, and it sucks if you do because if these weren't known before then they sure are now.
I hope somebody here wins these and has no interest in the 50c chips. I just want one. :cool:

"Counts are as follows .50c Grey qty:20, 1 Green qty:2160, 5 Red qty:508, 10 White qty:97, 20 Peach qty:86, 100 Black qty:98. No racks included. Condition as pictured."

Interested buyers (likely not me) should clarify the chip counts, as the breakdown totals add up to 2969 instead of 3369. It would seem there should be 908 $5 chips, instead of 508, (and then that would add up to 3369) but please verify, but it could also be that the seller is planning to keep 400 of the $5s pictured, and listed the wrong total chips. Either the count of 508 $5 chips or the overall total count of 3369 chips needs to be corrected.

Cool chips, though.

Counting stacks from the pictures, there are indeed 908x $5 chips. Likely a typo.

Wow, interesting chips. As upNdown said, you don't see solids with shaped inlays very often.

Also, this is Grouse Mountain, at least the one in Vancouver. (The chips are from Montana.)

View attachment 184348

I basically grew up in the shadow of this mountain. It would be awesome if I could get even a small set of chips that had this name on it.

I’ve never played .50/$1.00, but I’ve long suspected that a table could do fine with a single barrel of fracs. Everybody starts with two, and seldom will more than one be needed.

Cool chips, though.
The quantity was updated.
A revision on the number of red chips. There are actually qty 908 rather than 508 as described. Pictures of chips and wear are shown. 80 of the peach 20's are new/lightly used, all of the white 10's are new/lightly used,

Are we going to try for a prearranged split? I didn't see anyone thinking they wanted all 3000+ chips.

It would be a shame to have us all bidding vs each other. Or worse, for no one to seriously bid thinking someone else was going to do the work.

Just saying -=- DrStrange

I decided not to jack up the bidding hoping that someone here would win and split off the chips I wanted. No one said they wanted the whole thing. It seemed like a shame for the price to hit the highest bid only for us to chop these up at the highest price.

I'll be cranky if no one here bid on the package. I watched it wind down to zero time left thinking my "no bid" saved us all a nice chunk of change. I certainly would have taken the whole lot for the gavel price.

Crosses fingers -=- DrStrange

I'll be cranky if no one here bid on the package. I watched it wind down to zero time left thinking my "no bid" saved us all a nice chunk of change. I certainly would have taken the whole lot for the gavel price.

My thinking exactly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom