Greetings from Snowy Alberta Canada (1 Viewer)

Welcome! Where in Alberta are you located? I’m way up in northern Alberta.

Hehe! Welcome friend! @Jeevansluck is particularly bonkers and also a fellow Canadian. However I think it is safe to say we all have our crazy moments Haha chipping is a whole nother level of ridiculousness! What size game do you rotate?

I ended up here after deciding that I should pick up some gear to finally host an occasional game that rotates through different hosts.

After a few weeks of lurking, I think I can safely say:
a) You folks are borderline crazy.
b) I think I might be one of you folks.

Cheers!
Hehe! Welcome friend! @Jeevansluck is particularly bonkers and also a fellow Canadian. However I think it is safe to say we all have our crazy moments Haha chipping is a whole nother level of ridiculousness! What size game do you rotate?

Thanks Brie! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: I guess I've come across as a bit of a nut:rolleyes: but I think she knows I mean well:)

Welcome to this crazy forum indeed friend! Have you had a chance to do any sampling already? I have been to Edmonton many times. Love it there. It has been a few years though. How is that mall running these days? West Edmonton? I still have some family and friends that live in the "Millwoods" area, which coincidentally, probably gives away my ethnicity. Lol

Have fun around here

Thanks Brie! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: I guess I've come across as a bit of a nut:rolleyes: but I think she knows I mean well:)

Welcome to this crazy forum indeed friend! Have you had a chance to do any sampling already? I have been to Edmonton many times. Love it there. It has been a few years though. How is that mall running these days? West Edmonton? I still have some family and friends that live in the "Millwoods" area, which coincidentally, probably gives away my ethnicity. Lol

Have fun around here
I grew up in Edmonton, so West Edmonton Mall lost some of its appeal early on, but it's still definitely going strong. I have to hand it to the Ghermezians, they never really stopped investing in it.

And, despite growing up in Edmonton, I still manage to get lost every time I go to Mill Woods Every. Single. Time.

As for chips, I ordered a sample platter from Apache to start getting the lay of the land. I probably shouldn't have done that. I figure as long as I can stay away from Jacks I should remain solvent!

Always nice to meet a few other occasional crazies.

There are a dozen or so regulars that rotate in and out of the game. .25/.50 cash game, $50 buy-in and $10 bounty but with rebuys it's usually best if you show up with a few spare brown bills in your pocket just to ride out any statistical anomalies.

I played many moons ago and only recently got back into it. It's amazing/fun to see how the game has evolved over the years.

Always nice to meet a few other occasional crazies.

There are a dozen or so regulars that rotate in and out of the game. .25/.50 cash game, $50 buy-in and $10 bounty but with rebuys it's usually best if you show up with a few spare brown bills in your pocket just to ride out any statistical anomalies.

I played many moons ago and only recently got back into it. It's amazing/fun to see how the game has evolved over the years.
That's a healthy size game! Looking for more than chips I assume?

I figure as long as I can stay away from Jacks I should remain solvent!

This is a very good approach, I wish I had done the same, but a certain wicked fellow PCF member and Poker host, ruined me with tournament games using Jacks

That's a healthy size game! Looking for more than chips I assume?

It definitely can range from fun and friendly to extra healthy depending on how the cards are falling that night.

Correct! Starting from scratch, so:

Table:
-I picked up a starter table. Had I known then what I know now, I probably would have gone straight to a @T_Chan

Chairs:
-Probably good old Costco to start.

Cards:
-Copag: I wanted to like these but they are a bit on the stiff/slick side for my liking.
-Kem: These feel incredible to me, but do seem somewhat susceptible to warping as others have mentioned. I like them enough to try make them work.

Chips:
-TBD! Got some samples from @Apache - working on something with @allforcharity

Small town called La Crete, 8 hours north of Edmonton.
Ok, that's North! Grimshaw is as close as I've ever been to your neck of the woods. If Peace Country gets even prettier as you go further north, it must be pretty darn nice up there.

It definitely can range from fun and friendly to extra healthy depending on how the cards are falling that night.

Correct! Starting from scratch, so:

Table:
-I picked up a starter table. Had I known then what I know now, I probably would have gone straight to a @T_Chan

Chairs:
-Probably good old Costco to start.

Cards:
-Copag: I wanted to like these but they are a bit on the stiff/slick side for my liking.
-Kem: These feel incredible to me, but do seem somewhat susceptible to warping as others have mentioned. I like them enough to try make them work.

Chips:
-TBD! Got some samples from @Apache - working on something with @allforcharity
Awesome! Sounds like you're starting off on the right foot!!
Looking forward to your final setup here!

Ok, that's North! Grimshaw is as close as I've ever been to your neck of the woods. If Peace Country gets even prettier as you go further north, it must be pretty darn nice up there.

It’s pretty remote, lots of farm land up here. I suppose it has a certain beauty, sure beats the city!

Lake Louise got a nice dump this past weekend so we're on our way.
Brings back memories. I worked for two years at LL, a couple at Fernie, and another 10 or so at Whistler/Blackcomb. Had several seasons of >150 days on skis, and didn't have to buy lift tickets once. Can't afford to pay for it now, but the memories are making my quad muscles burn all over again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom