Give us your thoughts on these chips (1 Viewer)

Did this include import fees/VAT or did you have to pay that on top of the $220?
It’s a lottery just now since Brexit. Sometimes stuff from the US sails through with no charges. Sometimes you get pumped for 20%.

The only certainty now is that if your parcel is coming from the EU then customs will be all over it and 20% is guaranteed.

They’ve got an absolute hardon for the EU right now and have taken their eyes off stuff from the US.

It’s a lottery just now since Brexit. Sometimes stuff from the US sails through with no charges. Sometimes you get pumped for 20%.
I see. Thanks for the quick reply.

Guess I’ll have to take that chance.

I've had 2 purchases recently from abroad into the UK: ~1000 (10kg+) Tina chips from China sailed through & Chanman cloth from Canada got a "Border Force may charge you" but again went through with no extras in the end.

I've had 2 purchases recently from abroad into the UK: ~1000 (10kg+) Tina chips from China sailed through & Chanman cloth from Canada got a "Border Force may charge you" but again went through with no extras in the end.
Interesting. So doesn’t seem to by any rhyme or reason why stuff gets pinged or not.

I've got an order in with Tina now. Should be getting made either this week or early next.

Figures crossed I manage to escape the 20% import tax.

It's a once in a lifetime purchase that will still serve your grandkids if you get the highest quality. I don't see a real reason to get a middle of the road quality chip if you can just wait until you saved up a bit more.
Pure chip gospel here!

Word my man!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom