Tourney Getting Binon's WSOP Chips in play as a Tournament Set

nezara

Straight
Joined
Jan 6, 2018
Messages
931
Reaction score
1,016
Location
Houston, TX
Looking for advice on getting the Binion's WSOP chips in play as a tournament set.

There's ample information on T10K tournament sets that include T500/T5000 chips. Obviously one of those breakdowns would be ideal, but until something changes, the T500/T5000 aren't available. Readily available are:
T5/T25/T100/T1000

I'm looking to put together a set that can handle 2 tables. I'd like to understand starting stacks and total bank.

Current thoughts:

T5-Base with 2k Starting stacks for shorter tournaments:
T5 - 200
T25 - 200
T100 - 200
T1000 - 80

Starting stacks: 10/10/7/1
Outside of starting stacks use:
30x T100's for coloring up lower denominations
20x T1k's for coloring up T100's
40x T1k's to support 1 rebuy per player



Could run it a little deeper with 3k Starting stacks:
T5 - 200
T25 - 200
T100 - 200
T1000 - 120

Starting stacks: 10/10/7/2
Outside of starting stacks use:
30x T100's for coloring up lower denominations
20x T1k's for coloring up T100's
60x T1k's to support 1 rebuy per player

Thoughts on better/more optimal breakdowns?
 

nezara

Straight
Joined
Jan 6, 2018
Messages
931
Reaction score
1,016
Location
Houston, TX
@BGinGA Does this seem OK, or need more 100's to cover for lack of 500's? Maybe an extra 5x 100's in the starting stacks or something?
 

navels

Full House
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2017
Messages
4,647
Reaction score
11,205
Location
Bellevue, WA
I've been giving this some thought, too :)

I don't think you want to color up the 100s. I've bookmarked this post of Dave's with a recommended structure which i think can be modified to account for the lack of T500s, where you would need

T5 - 200
T25 - 200
T100 - 200
T1000 - 40

to support your T2000 tournament with 10/10/7/1 starting stacks and 20 players with 1 rebuy per. Dave did point out to me that change-making for the 1K chips will be awkward.
 

nezara

Straight
Joined
Jan 6, 2018
Messages
931
Reaction score
1,016
Location
Houston, TX
I've been giving this some thought, too :)

I don't think you want to color up the 100s. I've bookmarked this post of Dave's with a recommended structure which i think can be modified to account for the lack of T500s, where you would need

T5 - 200
T25 - 200
T100 - 200
T1000 - 40

to support your T2000 tournament with 10/10/7/1 starting stacks and 20 players with 1 rebuy per. Dave did point out to me that change-making for the 1K chips will be awkward.
I think you need 60x 1k's for what you suggest. with 2k starting stacks you need 40x 1k's for rebuys and 20x for the starting stacks
 

RocAFella1

Royal Flush
Joined
Jun 2, 2018
Messages
11,927
Reaction score
25,776
Location
Bay Area
Or how about T5000 starting stacks?
16/16/0/3

320/320/0/180/2
(2 5ks to color up the 25s)
 

RocAFella1

Royal Flush
Joined
Jun 2, 2018
Messages
11,927
Reaction score
25,776
Location
Bay Area
That's about what I have now, but doesn't that seem like too many low denomination chips in play?
I like this better personally. Seems easier to make change for a 1000 in a T5000 stack vs in a T2000-3000 stack, with no 500s in play.
 

BGinGA

Royal Flush
Tourney Director
Supporting Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2014
Messages
25,219
Reaction score
38,440
Location
Atlanta
Don't need more than 10x T5 or 10x T25 in the starting stacks, but fewer than 12-15 x T100s will cause some issues if no T500 chips are in play. So will using T1000 chips for re-buys, since they will be very difficult to break down into playable chips with what is on the table.
 

nezara

Straight
Joined
Jan 6, 2018
Messages
931
Reaction score
1,016
Location
Houston, TX
Don't need more than 10x T5 or 10x T25 in the starting stacks, but fewer than 12-15 x T100s will cause some issues if no T500 chips are in play. So will using T1000 chips for re-buys, since they will be very difficult to break down into playable chips with what is on the table.

So it sounds like you're suggesting this would probably be the optimal 2 table tournament set handling 1x rebuy/person, allowing for not too many chips sloshing around, but enough 100's to make bets between 500-1k less awkward

2500 Starting Stacks (T5/25/100/1k) : 10/10/12/1
Rebuy Stack : 0/0/5/2 and/or 0/0/-5/3
Set Breakdown : 200/200/300/80
 

nezara

Straight
Joined
Jan 6, 2018
Messages
931
Reaction score
1,016
Location
Houston, TX
So it sounds like you're suggesting this would probably be the optimal 2 table tournament set handling 1x rebuy/person, allowing for not too many chips sloshing around, but enough 100's to make bets between 500-1k less awkward

2500 Starting Stacks (T5/25/100/1k) : 10/10/12/1
Rebuy Stack : 0/0/5/2 and/or 0/0/-5/3
Set Breakdown : 200/200/300/80

Or maybe rebuy stack should be more like 0/0/15/1? Bumping up the number of 100's needed and down the number of 1000's?
 

BGinGA

Royal Flush
Tourney Director
Supporting Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2014
Messages
25,219
Reaction score
38,440
Location
Atlanta
I'd be inclined to go with 10/10/17/1 T3000 stacks with 0/0/10/2 re-buys. This also takes a lot of pressure off of the T1000 chips getting added.

Probably only need to budget for 50% re-buys.
 

nezara

Straight
Joined
Jan 6, 2018
Messages
931
Reaction score
1,016
Location
Houston, TX
So for two tables T5-Base; No 500; 3000 starting stacks supporting 1x rebuy/player would be:

Starting stacks 10/10/17/1

Bank for starting stacks
200x 5
200x 25
340x 100
20x 1k

Bank for rebuy's - 50% use 0/0/10/2; 50% use 0/0/0/3
100x 100
50x 1k

Bank for color-ups
30x 1k

Total Bank - 940 Chips
200x 5
200x 25
440x 100
100x 1k

Does this look right?
 

BGinGA

Royal Flush
Tourney Director
Supporting Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2014
Messages
25,219
Reaction score
38,440
Location
Atlanta
So for two tables T5-Base; No 500; 3000 starting stacks supporting 1x rebuy/player would be:

Starting stacks 10/10/17/1

Bank for starting stacks
200x 5
200x 25
340x 100
20x 1k

Bank for rebuy's - 50% use 0/0/10/2; 50% use 0/0/0/3
100x 100
50x 1k

Bank for color-ups
30x 1k

Total Bank - 940 Chips
200x 5
200x 25
440x 100
100x 1k

Does this look right?
It's accurate, although with no T500s in play, it's pretty unlikely that you will be able to remove all of the T100 chips (I see a 20-player 3K event typically ending no later than the 1500/3000 level, and you can't totally remove all the hundos until after that blind level if you aren't using T500s).

However, having 340 to 440 x T100s (pending re-buys) in play towards the end is huge overkill and a logistical nightmare for a small number of remaining players. I think that 100 x T100 chips remaining would be plenty, so you really don't need the extra T1000s needed to color-up all of them.

Only 6x T1000s will color-up the T5/T25 chips, and 24-34 more will color-up enough of the T100s to make it playable at the end (so you can save on the purchase cost of 10-20 T1000s, at a minimum).

Better yet (imo), you forego the extra T1000s altogether and use 5-7 x T5000s to replace them instead, as they would be pretty useful towards the end the event when bet amounts start getting big..... even if it means just getting a few chips (I know they are scarce and pricey), or creating a replacement T5000 chip (not the worst thing in the world, done properly), or having some really nice tribute plaques made. I think having 5 or so 5K 'somethings' would result in a much more playable set, and a much more enjoyable experience for the players.
 

BGinGA

Royal Flush
Tourney Director
Supporting Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2014
Messages
25,219
Reaction score
38,440
Location
Atlanta
Bank for rebuy's - 50% use 0/0/10/2; 50% use 0/0/0/3
100x 100
50x 1k
After giving this some thought, I think this is sufficient (given 17x T100 in the starting stacks):

Bank for rebuy's - the first 25% use 0/0/10/2; the other 75% use 0/0/0/3
50x 100
55x 1k

making the set total:
200x 5
200x 25
390x 100
75x 1k
5x 5k
--------
870 chips


FINAL EDIT:
Personally, I'd probably go with 200/200/400/100 (900 chips) plus 5x 5K plaques or 5K chips. :)
 
Last edited:

nezara

Straight
Joined
Jan 6, 2018
Messages
931
Reaction score
1,016
Location
Houston, TX
After giving this some thought, I think this is sufficient (given 17x T100 in the starting stacks):

Bank for rebuy's - the first 25% use 0/0/10/2; the other 75% use 0/0/0/3
50x 100
55x 1k

making the set total:
200x 5
200x 25
390x 100
75x 1k
5x 5k
--------
870 chips


FINAL EDIT:
Personally, I'd probably go with 200/200/400/100 (900 chips) plus 5x 5K plaques or 5K chips. :)
Thanks so much for your input, I really value it
 

nezara

Straight
Joined
Jan 6, 2018
Messages
931
Reaction score
1,016
Location
Houston, TX
Obligatory Pron. To think I was just about to sell some extra 100s
IMG_20200620_012029.jpg
 

nezara

Straight
Joined
Jan 6, 2018
Messages
931
Reaction score
1,016
Location
Houston, TX
@BGinGA new breakdown questions.

Let's say hypothetically I expanded the set and added 40x of the 500's. I want to be able to run shorter tournaments - T25 Base 10K. And real long tournaments - T5 Base 10K.

How do I need to modify the structure to make it work. Assume I can get more of any denomination except the 500's and maybe maximum 1 barrel of 5ks.
200x 5
200x 25
400x 100
40x 500
160x 1k
5x 5k
 

cpac54

Full House
Supporting Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2018
Messages
3,310
Reaction score
6,249
Location
Zurich, Switzerland
Bump for help with my new barrel of chips:
View attachment 578988

Does this starting stack work? I saw something one time about WSOP favored efficiency over player comfort so maybe it's not so great for a home game:
View attachment 578989
Where in the H.E.double hockey sticks did you find an entire barrel of T500s??

Chapeau, sir. Chapeau.
 
Top Bottom