Gauging interest - Basic tables (3 Viewers)

Which style would you buy?

• Total voters

T_Chan

Full House
Site Vendor
Reaction score
**Now taking orders: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/taking-orders-basic-chunky-tables.111676/ ***

Gauging interest in a type of basic table we want to start offering: Basic tables with the rails built in pieces.

We have a crap ton of leftover foam and vinyl from our poker tables. I HATE seams, so we take every effort to make sure our rails are seamless which means nearly every table we've ever built has a leftover piece in the middle that's a fair size. Same goes for the foam, the leftover piece in the middle is scrap. But I'm a hoarder, so I keep it all.

What this allows us to do is to build a poker table with the rail built in sections, using up these scraps. That means I can pass on the savings to the buyer.

The rail would look something like this:
1695866344679.png

The rail sections would be installed using bolts with threaded inserts so that each piece can be removed if needed. What I can also offer is a 5 year warranty on rail pieces. If you damage any piece of the rail for any reason, we will replace up to 2 pieces at no charge. I have to limit this to some degree since I can't be replacing rails non-stop for someone who has a rail-loving cat using the table as a scratching post.

The tables would come with folding legs and a very bare bones crate to save on shipping. I'm exploring options to even ship them in heavy duty boxes. Shipping can be a big factor, getting prices down would be important. I may even consider building 10x of them, then drive them over the border to ship from there to save on shipping costs for all the Americans.

We could do Octagons as well. Sizes would be limited to 84x42 and 94x44 inches for ovals, and maybe 2 sizes for octagons as well. Cup holders and a custom felt included. Black vinyl only.

I'll be building a prototype soon. This poll is mainly to discuss interest and a possible price point. I can offer these until I run out of scrap material, but still offer the replacements for free since more scraps would be produced with every new custom table that's built.

Last edited:
There are several members here who have purchased other tables at various price points and styles. I haven’t studied the competition in great detail, but I suspect there’s room for a “basic” table. I like the limited run test concept.

Dealer spot with a half rail on 94" would be a great option.

I don't care for rail pieces aesthetically, but seams wouldn't bother me on a more budget end table. Foam scraps probably don't work well for a single piece rail though. I'll be interested to see the prototype.

Been waiting for a post like this forever... would be happy to buy/ test prototype too. Cheers Chanman

@T_Chan
Would you ever make an elliptical table?

Would love to hear your thoughts or pros/cons on an elliptical table when compared to an oval table?

Yes, we've made an ellipse table before. https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/custom-poker-table-felt-thread.6655/post-488207 It's an upward folding topper to go on an ellipse table underneath. I wouldn't consider making an elliptical table for this design though, it's not high enough in demand.

I like the idea of an elliptical table as it relates to the visibility factor. All players can see each other. However.... the amount of space per player is less than on a traditional oval table. So there's give and take.

Odd question perhaps. Would rail material work for high end custom chairs?

Gauging interest in a type of basic table we want to start offering: Basic tables with the rails built in pieces.

We have a crap ton of leftover foam and vinyl from our poker tables. I HATE seams, so we take every effort to make sure our rails are seamless which means nearly every table we've ever built has a leftover piece in the middle that's a fair size. Same goes for the foam, the leftover piece in the middle is scrap. But I'm a hoarder, so I keep it all.

What this allows us to do is to build a poker table with the rail built in sections, using up these scraps. That means I can pass on the savings to the buyer.

The rail would look something like this:
View attachment 1202237

The rail sections would be installed using bolts with threaded inserts so that each piece can be removed if needed. What I can also offer is a 5 year warranty on rail pieces. If you damage any piece of the rail for any reason, we will replace up to 2 pieces at no charge. I have to limit this to some degree since I can't be replacing rails non-stop for someone who has a rail-loving cat using the table as a scratching post.

The tables would come with folding legs and a very bare bones crate to save on shipping. I'm exploring options to even ship them in heavy duty boxes. Shipping can be a big factor, getting prices down would be important. I may even consider building 10x of them, then drive them over the border to ship from there to save on shipping costs for all the Americans.

We could do Octagons as well. Sizes would be limited to 84x42 and 94x44 inches for ovals, and maybe 2 sizes for octagons as well. Cup holders and a custom felt included. Black vinyl only.

I'll be building a prototype soon. This poll is mainly to discuss interest and a possible price point. I can offer these until I run out of scrap material, but still offer the replacements for free since more scraps would be produced with every new custom table that's built.
To save on shipping could you sell the rails and legs as a package, with instructions on how to cut your own top and assemble the rest?

Unfortunately the leftover rail material is too skinny for chair seats or backs. They would be fine for arm rests.

Yeah, we could ship just the rails but I think most people are looking for a whole package. I'd consider it though.

Unfortunately the leftover rail material is too skinny for chair seats or backs. They would be fine for arm rests.

Yeah, we could ship just the rails but I think most people are looking for a whole package. I'd consider it though.
Maybe with the rail package you could have a folder top? The ones I built have eight separate rail sections and a folding gusset in the middle. But cutting the rail parts and upholstering was the hardest part of the build.

I miscalculated my schedule and haven't had a chance to get the table built yet. The pieces are all cut, just need to upholster the rail pieces. I was out of town for a few days last week which really threw off my schedule. Excuses aside, I'm going to do my best to have a table finished by Friday.

Following with interest.

Especially interested in how you deal with the corners when doing the upholstery as that's something I still need to perfect on my sectioned rail.

Would it be possible for you to take pics of this part? - presumably sides first, then ends and finally the corners themselves.

I’m considering an octagons table with cup holders. Would there be a gap between rail pieces? My concern is having a big gap between each individual rail piece, like in the Triton brand table. I know quality favors Chanman, no question.

IMG_1926.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom