Future Sun-Fly GB design idea - interest/feedback (GB is open) (1 Viewer)

I may be alone on this, and I understand the reason for the switch, but I liked the original nickel and quarter colors. I like the now nickel better so I would prefer it to be a more used chip for me.

That is what blanks are for, right?
Yep. And other alternate chip colors, like a white $1. Or a cali-color set. Or alternate denoms like 50c, $2, snapper, $10, $50, $2000, $10000, $25000, and $100,000, plus bounty, re-buy, and even seating chips. Enough choices for everybody.

Is there a readily available Sun-Fly Hybrid Polyinno Chip that is their stock offering? Are the Asconas or the Everests that are available from apollon chips to the weight/feel/color/texture?

Thanks,
Dave

The Ascona line is 39mm hybrid polyinno chip and the Everest line is a 43mm hybrid polyinno chip (large recess).

Neither chip is comparable -- or as nice, imo -- as the HB005 hybrid polyinno blank, which is 43mm with small 25mm recess. It was initially made for a previous PCF group buy, and has been utilized for many custom set orders (and other group buys) since.

That .25... I like chocolate chip cookies as much as anyone, but probably not as my .25. Fun set, though. Very active design and bright colors. Other than the chocolate chip cookie! :)

Possible solution, I have heard from a few they don't like brown poker chips. What about offering two options for the 25¢ and adding a new 5¢ chip, not even sure we need a 5¢ chip but I like it and it gives another option for people to use if they go custom.

prestige-43-6-face.png

This keeps getting better and better.
I vote to keep the 5¢ chip.

Are you concerned with the shield in the inlay matching the chip color? I thought someone stated that the labels might be able to be ordered separately for a custom color set. Say if we wanted to do a Cali set, then the yellow $5 chip would have a red shield in the inlay?

This keeps getting better and better.
I vote to keep the 5¢ chip.

Are you concerned with the shield in the inlay matching the chip color? I thought someone stated that the labels might be able to be ordered separately for a custom color set. Say if we wanted to do a Cali set, then the yellow $5 chip would have a red shield in the inlay?
My thought is it would be a custom label order, so the shield would be changed to match the chip.

Not a fan of brown chips at all personally. I like the dual options for the quarters, but I can understand where @BGinGA is coming from in making one of them NCV in order to offer more flexibility.

For total maximum flexibilty, just offer the basic chip colors, and let everybody customize their own color-matched denomination labels. Of course, the trade-off for such an approach is that ALL of the chips then become more expensive, rather than just one or two per set if going with predetermined chip/denomination pairings with an occasional substitution.

Can always take a survey to determine exactly how many of each quarter design will be actually ordered, and go from there. We've seen this situation before in group buys, where a vocal minority raises an issue, yet hardly anybody actually buys the chips they clamored to be changed or included.

Hopefully final update, at this point I think I have addressed most concerns and I am happy with the current lineup. I know this won't fit everybody's needs but hopefully it fits the majority as is or with a little customization it will work for you.

I am working on pricing, hopefully it will be finalized soon. I will then create an interest in purchase thread to get estimated counts.

Stock chips - 43mm with labels will be 60¢ shipped to US + any additional shipping/tariffs/etc. fees that will need to be added.
Stock chips - 43mm without labels will be 48¢ shipped to US + any additional shipping/tariffs/etc. fees that will need to be added.
Stock chips - 39mm with labels will be 56¢ shipped to US + any additional shipping/tariffs/etc. fees that will need to be added.
Stock chips - 39mm without labels will be 44¢ shipped to US + any additional shipping/tariffs/etc. fees that will need to be added.
custom labels will be 29¢/chip+ shipping (12¢/label + 5¢ customization fee) so you would order chips without labels as part of the GB and then order the labels directly from Sun-Fly

prestige-43-6-face.png

Hopefully final update, at this point I think I have addressed most concerns and I am happy with the current lineup. I know this won't fit everybody's needs but hopefully it fits the majority as is or with a little customization it will work for you.

I am working on pricing, hopefully it will be finalized soon. I will then create an interest in purchase thread to get estimated counts.

Stock chips - 43mm with labels will be 60¢ shipped to US + any additional shipping/tariffs/etc. fees that will need to be added.
Stock chips - 43mm without labels will be 48¢ shipped to US + any additional shipping/tariffs/etc. fees that will need to be added.
Stock chips - 39mm with labels will be 56¢ shipped to US + any additional shipping/tariffs/etc. fees that will need to be added.
Stock chips - 39mm without labels will be 44¢ shipped to US + any additional shipping/tariffs/etc. fees that will need to be added.
custom labels will be 29¢/chip+ shipping (12¢/label + 5¢ customization fee) so you would order chips without labels as part of the GB and then order the labels directly from Sun-Fly

View attachment 443749

Can’t wait for this! Love the final color scheme!

That white w/ blue ND chip would look good as a .05. Nice chip.

Edit: Nevermind, the most recent .05 is awesome and that bounty is great, though I don’t anticipate needing it for a cash set, which is my planned order. Don’t have any SunFlys, so this seems like a good time to try some.

Last edited:
Sunfly the only option for labels? Personally since it’s almost the same price and he is local I would prefer to use gear

Do you have any insight into how many chips the initial batch will be? The almost dollar-a-chip pricing from the price sheet they posted in their vendor forum really threw me off from the prices we've seen so far.

I'm gonna try for a microstakes Cali set, will do blanks if I have to. Checks off all the things I'm missing so far: ceramic hybrid, 43mm, Cali, micro.

The irony of using oversize chips for microstakes is not lost on me, either.
What would be your denomination breakdown? Thinking of doing a micro set as well.

What would be your denomination breakdown? Thinking of doing a micro set as well.
Traditional answer for a usual 0.05/0.10 microstakes game?

100 x 0.05
200 x 0.25
200 x $1

My likely order from this?

200 x orange NCV (to use as nickels OR dimes in cash! FTW!)
200 x $25 (tourney or quarter)
200 $100 (tourney or $1, TEAM BLACK DOLLAR!)
60 $500
80 $1000
40 $5000
10 Bounty
10 White NCV (relabel as seating chips)

Total: 800

All 43mm of course!

Just depends on how your game runs. Mine doesn't tend to play too big, but I have a few passive/tight players in my game, so I need lots of nickels for all of the limping going on.

Last edited:
I edited my previous post. I'll probably change my mind 5 more times before I submit an order, if I do decide to pull the trigger in the first place!

@p5woody is it possible to have ones with the denom on this chip and ones without available and then people can choose from those. Or does that just not work with the logistics of the GB?
Just following up on this, trying to limit the number of options. If you get too many options, reshipping and coordinating becomes a nightmare.

Do you have any insight into how many chips the initial batch will be? The almost dollar-a-chip pricing from the price sheet they posted in their vendor forum really threw me off from the prices we've seen so far.
I know Sun-fly was hoping to get to 50,000 chips, not sure we will get there. I will be creating a interested in purchasing thread to get an estimate of how many chips we are looking at.

I know Sun-fly was hoping to get to 50,000 chips, not sure we will get there. I will be creating a interested in purchasing thread to get an estimate of how many chips we are looking at.

please post the link in here once it’s created so that I can subscribe. Thanks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom