Future Sun-Fly GB design idea - interest/feedback (GB is open) (1 Viewer)

I was just playing around with a color blind simulator, interesting results. Not sure if there are better ones, but I found these results interesting: https://www.color-blindness.com/coblis-color-blindness-simulator/

View attachment 443010

That's one of the better ones, to my knowledge. My experience is closer to the "Green-Weak/Deuteranomaly". Someone with "Red-Weak/Protanomoly" or "Red-Blind/Protanonmoly" would definitely have difficulty. This is the "red-weak" view.

1587264154057.png

Much prefer using the pink chip as $5000 vs white. It also keeps the white chip as a ncv for those who want to use it as a $1 chip.

Probably a good idea to swap the nickel/quarter chips for added contrast between denoms and to assist the color-challenged.

Everything else looks fantastic.

One more question, any interest in a 39mm version? Just wondering if we have enough interest to have it included in the GB.

Okay, looks like we have enough interest for me to reach out to Sun-fly to get specifics.

Questions for Sunfly
1) 43mm hybrid 25mm pricing - with and without labels
2) 39mm hybrid 25mm pricing - with a nd without labels
3) Can we order custom denomination labels outside of the GB and if so pricing details
4) If they won't do custom denomination labels, can we use another vendor, this will probably limited to GB members only.

NOTES:
1) We will not have any customization within the GB, I don't want to add any complexity for the shipper.
2) All orders will be in increments of 25.

Next steps:
Once I get pricing information and details I will create an interest thread to start getting counts. This will determine what is offered in the GB and then the GB will be started.

Any other questions before I contact Sun-Fly?

White and blue 5K makes the set perfection! The pink 5K would work, but I love the white/blue!
At this point I think the latest direction was to make the 5k pink/black, I'm okay with either one but I had a few request to make it pink/black. If there are any strong feeling one way or the other, speak up now. Keep in mind I am hoping Sun-Fly will be willing to work with us on ordering labels.

prestige-43-5.png

I am probably just going to be in for a sleeve of blanks so this suggestion may not be worth much. But I think designing a 0.50 label with that orange NCV might have some appeal.

It’s all good, it’s not a make or break, especially if the white is still available as a non-denom.

@p5woody will these be offered in both 39 and 43mm and will you be allowed to mix the size? Like if I wanted 43mm high denoms would that be allowed? Also the design looks amazing that’s for doing this!

@p5woody will these be offered in both 39 and 43mm and will you be allowed to mix the size? Like if I wanted 43mm high denoms would that be allowed? Also the design looks amazing that’s for doing this!
Assuming there is enough interest, yes they will be available in both sizes, and you can mix and match.

I'm very seriously considering ordering blanks and making custom Prestige Worldwide labels. Would be amazing.

@p5woody is it possible to have ones with the denom on this chip and ones without available and then people can choose from those. Or does that just not work with the logistics of the GB?

@p5woody is it possible to have ones with the denom on this chip and ones without available and then people can choose from those. Or does that just not work with the logistics of the GB?
Anything is possible, but interchangeability (aka, no hard-printed denoms) is key to generating large order quantities.

I may be alone on this, and I understand the reason for the switch, but I liked the original nickel and quarter colors. I like the now nickel better so I would prefer it to be a more used chip for me.

That is what blanks are for, right?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom