Full inlay replacement: CDI98 $5000 textured laminate label over CdM 200/200,000 (1 Viewer)

allforcharity

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
P1110285.JPG

I thank my lucky stars that @Gear is friendly, provides an amazingly professional product, and is LOCAL!

Last edited:
Came out awesome, does the label always fit perfect in every chip?

I would say in this case, yes. It's because there are two recesses in this SCV chip, one recess which is inherent to the mold, and is always perfectly centered, and then the second recess that is made by the pressing of the inlay, which is rarely perfectly centered. When you remove the original inlay, you will see the second recess clearly. If you match the size of your aftermarket sticker to the original inlay, then it will always fit perfectly inside that second recess.

This is why, even in milling a hot stamped THC, it is not necessary to always have a perfectly centered recess, just as long as you try not to break through the mold line below the hat/cane depression. This is why I think that 7/8" labels are probably best. 1" labels would require perfect centering. 15"/16" labels would already be pushing your luck.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom