Full inlay replacement: challenges of vinyl vs. paper - my thoughts (1 Viewer)

I had also best results with generic (cheap) non acetone NPR

Don't use the express formulas..these are (too) strong

And always test on each chip you are working in. The colours react differently to the NA NPR and each brand effects chips differently (some are much stronger than others, which is not necessarily preferred).

As @allforcharity mentioned, the local pharmacy brand, London Drugs, works best for me. When I was experimenting I found pink ones were more likely to work, also probably better to avoid the ones with a scent (although the default NPR smell is pretty strong, dont need additional chemicals).

Good luck!

So I have noticed the $25 chips are the easiest and usually come off in one piece, followed by the fives, some come off easy and others not so much. The hundos have been a pain but as you can see I have a very limited sample size.

IMG_20201006_214132.jpg
IMG_20200927_093755.jpg
IMG_20201001_220044.jpg

Just got through a few barrels no problem. Your method works great @allforcharity

Used Shoppers brand Quo, Non-Acetone, Ethyl Acetate the first listed ingredient. Chips seem no worse for wear.

Attachments

• 20201007_194004.jpg
    20201007_194004.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 104
This was tougher than what I remembered. Elapsed time, about 10 hours.

20240330_224625.jpg

I made up a verse while I was removing the inlays, so a nickel to whoever can recognize the artist and song you should sing this to:

"Paper labels, my good friend
You've come to screw me once again
Delaminating without bleeding
Gripping the cutter without cramping
It's the risk we take when we're modding our gambling toys
What's that noise?
It's the sound of scraping"

Unfortunately, I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your dealer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom