Tourney Frogzilla’s quest for youtube fame (4 Viewers)

Just crested T1M with 27 left

Only 6.9M chips total

0393A13C-DFB2-41CD-85C6-1B700E5D381B.jpeg

Me waiting for Froggy to come play poker at the Crest.
Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU

Here’s the ending of that tourney. It was weird. I get why they didn’t stream it, because it was gonna be boring for a while and then just end in a chop.

-before the final table begins they are very clear that it’s straight through, no breaks. There is a 30 minute break immediately before the final table

-Herbert starts complaining for a while about lack of breaks at final table.

-an hour or so in he couldn’t take it and missed a hand to take a restroom break, ran back, one hand

-30 min later he’s complaining about lack of breaks again

-gets to heads up and he complains more. I said I’m ok with a quick break (really I don’t want one, I want to get it done so I can play limit at craigs) but the TD says no they are streaming it.

-just a couple hands in and he says “I’m taking a break, you guys do whatever you want.” It’s a cigarette break this time. Salem deals me a hand, it’s my button so action on me. Little bit of a dilemma, curious what y’all would have done. It’s basically playing $35/$70 with a $70 ante so every two hands is $175 profit. How fast do you play? Do you just stall until he gets back? I do like $175 dollars. I decided a hand per minute is reasonable and asked Salem to confirm, then he gets radioed in that if the player isn’t at their seat, their hand is dead. So pace isn’t up to me. This is where the stream cuts off.

-I ask Salem to kind of deal/shuffle slow. I pick up 3 hands before he comes back and it was definitely smoke break.

-we play another hands, and the TD acquiesces to a 5 minute break, I say fine. I think it was more like 10. I’m hanging out right by final table.

-anyways we finally get to playing, two hands in I 3 bet A9s, he rips, I call off, up against A8o, turn 8. 2:1 chip lead reversed to 1:2 chip dog.

-immediately he asks for a chop (he gets an extra $100), that’s $500 or so over ICM and I wanna get to Craig’s, so I snap accept

The end

$12,385/$12,285 split? Was it toga night at Craig's?
Yep that’s the split, and maybe I’m cheap because I came out ahead post tip. I gave $280 to have a $5er for the cage. Smoke break tossed them a purple $500. I have no idea what normal is for tournament tipping.

Craig’s limit game is always toga optional

Yep that’s the split, and maybe I’m cheap because I came out ahead post tip. I gave $280 to have a $5er for the cage. Smoke break tossed them a purple $500. I have no idea what normal is for tournament tipping.

Craig’s limit game is always toga optional

The subject has come up in the past about what is the proper amount for tipping out dealer's in tournaments. I am cheap in that I tip three percent. That would equal out to $1700+ if everyone at the final table did the same.

Congratulations. Finishing in the final two in back to back tournaments in fields that large is a hell of an accomplishment.

1st ever successful river bluff into a dry side pot. Cross that one off the list (3 street check raise and royal flush still pending)

Bet A8 for 15% pot on Q7543, small pair folds, KT no good on side.

Hoping to make it to YouTube tonight. New felts also which are great.

image.jpg

Quick story

Top 10 (5%) from the each flight make it, 11 left, lots of shorts at my table including me mostly moving between 12 and 20 bb, one guy with a monster stack 60 bb, 25% of chips in play, another guy with 40 bb. 50 year old guy with 40 bb in seat 4 is absolutely hammered, can’t find his seat after breaks, is obnoxiously loud. But did break up the monotony. An attractive dealer took over, he stares at her creepily, says “YOURE SO PRETTY” I intercept quickly out of seat 5 “thanks dude! You’re not so bad yourself”.

Anyways, mr coors light opens to 4bb, monster stack defends. Flop QQ6dd, he cbet, monster stack is counting out a check raise and mr coors light stammers “IF YOU RAISE IM GOIN ALL IN” then goes on an epic rant about how boring tournaments are. 10/10.

Anyways, monster does complete that check raise, mr coors light does jam AKdd, monster calls off QJ, QJ holds, yes I’m in day 2

What an awesome punt

I’m at 310k headed to 10/20/20, restart tomorrow 2 pm. Prize pool will be finalized after todays flight but I’m guessing around 80 up top

Goal is to maneuver into a chop for $69,069 at some point
Just now found out monster stack from over a year ago (who happened to completely punt it off in day 2) is none other than Bin Weng who has since been on an epic heater , 3 7-figure cashes this year
https://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=459206&sort=prize&dir=desc

I was convinced total fish but maybe I was wrong

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom