Tourney Foxwoods Fri nite tourney - fast antes! (1 Viewer)

upNdown

Royal Flush
Reaction score
im gonna go play this one for the first time, not this Friday but next, so I just took a look at the blind schedule. . It’s a 20k, 20 minute, blinds starting at 25/50 - at first glance at the blind schedule, it looks like a reasonably paced, reasonably deep stacked tournament. But then I took a second look and noticed the antes. Holy cow.
C0CFEEBD-E5C5-4858-8D78-D83424D4FE77.png

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the blinds almost didn’t matter in this format. This is the most aggressive ante schedule I will have played, and I think the only response is to play very aggressively. You gotta take down pots early and often or you’re gonna get knocked out in 2-3 hours, right?

The antes definitely start early. It looks like it would play more like a T10K tourney without any antes, and the same structure? Lol

Basically the same as the old WSOP Main Event structure (stacks ranging from 10K to 20K, depending on the year), with T25 antes kicking in at L4 100/200. Most antes in the structure are 1/6th to 1/8th the big blind, which is pretty typical. Biggest difference I see is that WSOP used 90-minute blind levels.

Doesn't look abnormal to me at all, in fact (without checking) it looks to be pretty close to what we use for monthly league tournaments. Our 2-table events run about 5 hours with 15-minute levels.

I don't think it's nearly as aggressive as you're making it out to be.

Basically the same as the old WSOP Main Event structure (stacks ranging from 10K to 20K, depending on the year), with T25 antes kicking in at L4 100/200. Most antes in the structure are 1/6th to 1/8th the big blind, which is pretty typical. Biggest difference I see is that WSOP used 90-minute blind levels.

Doesn't look abnormal to me at all, in fact (without checking) it looks to be pretty close to what we use for monthly league tournaments. Our 2-table events run about 5 hours with 15-minute levels.

I don't think it's nearly as aggressive as you're making it out to be.
Maybe. The antes are significantly bigger than I’m used to. But I’m not the most worldly guy either.
Levels 9, 12, 13,15 and 17 are pretty aggressive, with antes 1/3 of the sb.

^ That's usually what I shoot for too (when designing from scratch), although I actually strive for NO antes. ;)

I think the only response is to play very aggressively. You gotta take down pots early and often
Maybe. The antes are significantly bigger than I’m used to.
You mostly just need to adjust your pre-flop raises to correlate to the actual pot size. If normally raising 3x BB, you're going to want to bump it to 4x or sometimes 4.5x to account for the extra ante chips in the pot pre-flop. Raising with position in limped pots becomes a lot more important, since there's a lot of unclaimed chips waiting to be collected (or fought over),

I typically raise PF 3xBB+A, regardless of the blind or ante sizes (or hand strength).

This structure has been used for years at foxwoods for most mtt. Its not that bad in reality, even with a 10k starting stack. You really cant nit it up too much. But it does get you outta there in 7-9 hours which is long enough.

edit- you will be playing with ceramics btw. so dont get too excited about the chips.

Change of plans; I won’t be able to get down there early enough Friday night, so I’m gonna do the Saturday tournament instead - same structure, but 25k stacks and 30 minute blinds. Much more comfortable, in my opinion.
Now the only question is, do I wait until Saturday morning, or do I still head down there Friday night, get there around midnight, and start grinding it out st the cash tables?
I think the answer is obvious.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom