First time poster from Iowa. (1 Viewer)

BottomPair7

Straight
Reaction score
I've been lurking in the shadows for a while now and thought it was about time for my first post. My wife and I are both nurses and this forum (and it's rabbit holes) helped me get through the pandemic. I have been hosting regular monthly tournaments since last June. I "upgraded" my dice chips to Claysmith's the mint chips before the pandemic. I now have approval from my administration to upgrade to ceramics. Looking forward to being a part of this great community.

Kyle

Welcome! I was in Iowa for the first time a few months ago, we have a plant in Decorah, and I discovered Toppling Goliath, which was spectacular.

Welcome! I was in Iowa for the first time a few months ago, we have a plant in Decorah, and I discovered Toppling Goliath, which was spectacular.
My wife's family is from Decorah. We go up there a few times a year. I'm a big fan of Pseudo Sue.

Welcome! I'm in Iowa as well (Cedar Falls). Where abouts are you located? Maybe I can pad the numbers if you ever need another seat filled sometime..

There are a few of us scattered around the state. @Himewad @Dugthefish @Page @Beakertwang and a few others :)
I am also in CF. We moved there about 4 years ago. I grew up in the big city of Dike . I'm always looking to expand my game.

My wife's family is from Decorah. We go up there a few times a year. I'm a big fan of Pseudo Sue.

I am also in CF. We moved there about 4 years ago. I grew up in the big city of Dike . I'm always looking to expand my game.
Nice! Let me know when the next game is, I'm always down to play! I have a tournament of my own scheduled on April 10th. Not sure we'll get enough numbers yet but you are definitely welcome.

Nice! Let me know when the next game is, I'm always down to play! I have a tournament of my own scheduled on April 10th. Not sure we'll get enough numbers yet but you are definitely welcome.
I work weekend package at the hospital and can't make that. Thursday night is our night. Do you guys always play on Sunday?

I work weekend package at the hospital and can't make that. Thursday night is our night. Do you guys always play on Sunday?
Usually. I've tried to get weeknight games going but so far my player pool has too many out of town players to make it viable. I'll refrain from attempting to get anything going on Thursdays :D

Iowa City / Cedar Rapids corridor here. Welcome!
Just down the road!

Welcome! I’m in Burlington, but I keep hoping to get up to @Joe Harris ’s place for a game sometime. Perhaps I’ll see you at a table soon.

It’s about time for a legit Iowa meetup, I think. :D
I think an Iowa meetup sounds great. Count me in!

Usually. I've tried to get weeknight games going but so far my player pool has too many out of town players to make it viable. I'll refrain from attempting to get anything going on Thursdays :D
We should meet up some time. Maybe I can introduce you to some of my regulars.

Hello and welcome (to posting)!

If you're going to go ceramics, then consider going fully custom. And take your time with the design. Chip sets (generally) aren't built in a day.

Hello and welcome (to posting)!

If you're going to go ceramics, then consider going fully custom. And take your time with the design. Chip sets (generally) aren't built in a day.
I would love to go custom. I'm a big fan of Windy Crest and Steel City Poker designs. Any recommendations on designers for ceramics?

Welcome!! Wife and I are Hawkeyes, and her family is split between Vinton and Sioux City. Glad to have you here!

Hawkeyes, you say?
296A7143-E7AB-4D01-9C4D-6FBDC74CA925.jpeg

9547F4C1-0EBA-4500-A963-51E8DFDB29F5.jpeg

33C0AE0E-AC8A-4EDC-B393-DB9DCB55D6FC.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom