Tourney Final Table Seating Question (1 Viewer)

codeman00

Flush
Reaction score
So in my bounty freezeout tournament...I usually have only one table. I'll say maybe 30% of the time, we'll have more than 10 players..and even then, we've only had a max ever of 14. If there happens to be 11 players, we'll play at one table because I personally prefer not playing 5 at one table and 6 at another. If there is 12, we'll start with 2 tables and combine at 11 at the first break or when 10 players are left, whichever happens first.

So I found a thread recently that I thought was ingenious...having a dual purpose Bounty/Seating chip instead of handing out separate seating cards and bounty chips. I always hated collecting the seating cards, etc. The bounty/seating chips can now be left on the table and used. This idea worked really well during our last single table game. However, one my forum member friends and I were chatting and he noted that my new bounty/seating chips won't work for a multitable tournament because the chips aren't available to reseat. Well, I didn' t think about that...ugh...but it makes sense.

So my question is...What is an easy way to combine tables and re-seat people? Have the Table 2 players randomly pick the seats at Table 1? Place them in relation to the BB at each table? Draw from a deck of cards the new button? Do you draw for seating and the BB again? Do you have another set of seating chips for this? Or I guess, I could keep my seating cards and use those to re-seat only on the nights we have more than one table.

I'd like to keep things simple and keep from using those awful cards if possible. How do you guys combine tables to the final table?

For my seating/bounty chips, I bought 4 sets even though I never intend to have more than 2 tables, so I would use one of the 2 unused sets to draw from a bag. Otherwise, use the cards of a deck.

So in my bounty freezeout tournament...I usually have only one table. I'll say maybe 30% of the time, we'll have more than 10 players..and even then, we've only had a max ever of 14. If there happens to be 11 players, we'll play at one table because I personally prefer not playing 5 at one table and 6 at another. If there is 12, we'll start with 2 tables and combine at 11 at the first break or when 10 players are left, whichever happens first.

So I found a thread recently that I thought was ingenious...having a dual purpose Bounty/Seating chip instead of handing out separate seating cards and bounty chips. I always hated collecting the seating cards, etc. The bounty/seating chips can now be left on the table and used. This idea worked really well during our last single table game. However, one my forum member friends and I were chatting and he noted that my new bounty/seating chips won't work for a multitable tournament because the chips aren't available to reseat. Well, I didn' t think about that...ugh...but it makes sense.

So my question is...What is an easy way to combine tables and re-seat people? Have the Table 2 players randomly pick the seats at Table 1? Place them in relation to the BB at each table? Draw from a deck of cards the new button? Do you draw for seating and the BB again? Do you have another set of seating chips for this? Or I guess, I could keep my seating cards and use those to re-seat only on the nights we have more than one table.

I'd like to keep things simple and keep from using those awful cards if possible. How do you guys combine tables to the final table?
I use seating chips for initial seating, and then the seat generator in BlindsUp to redraw for the final table.

We don't reseat for the final table. Players coming in to the final table are seated randomly in the empty seats.

It's not that I oppose a complete reseating, but my living room is very tight. Asking people to move around more than necessary, while moving chips and drinks is a recipe for disaster.

Bounty seating chips would work fine for me.

I usually do the mrTicsay (old time CT member) method. Combine the two tables based on position. Button 2 between button 1 and small blind 1, small blind 2 between small blind 1 and large blind 1 etc.

Always redraw for seats when combining two tables into the final table. I have a couple players to whom I hate sitting to their right. It's not fair to me that, when combining tables, I'm still stuck there. I have a couple people to whom I love sitting to their right because I can steal their button all day long. It's not fair to the people joining the table that I get to keep my advantageous position.

Also, the people already at the main table have been playing at their positions, presumably, for a while. They have gotten comfortable with whomever is to their right or left. So, without reseating, the new players to the table are at a disadvantage.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom