Cash Game Felted by same player two hands in a row. Lol. (1 Viewer)

Trihonda

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Playing Planet Hollywood tonight, 1/2 cash game. Effective stacks in both hands is 300. had two hands in a row that went unfavorably. First is me on the button With :8h::9h: The guy to my right opens for $12, and I 3-bet to $35-40. He calls, flop comes:6h::7h::8c:. There’s a bunch of betting, we get it all in... (anyone not risking their stack here?). Villain has :8s::8d: I flush up on the turn, he boats on the river. Whatev. Nice hand, move on.

the chip runner is still bringing my chips, when the very next hand, I’m in the SB with :jh::7h:, its limped around, the dealer asks if I want to call (though I do t have chips), and I say sure... the flop is dealt:jd::jc::7s: I lead out, villain on button calls, The Turn and river are :tc::9d: wel get all the money in, the villain has :js::td: ugh... puke, rebuy.

the villain was cool, and we chatted for some time. I was able to recover somewhat near the end of the session, but lol. I did t even have my chips in hand, and lost them to the same guy from the previous hand. Ha ha (he hadn’t finished stacking my chips from the previous hand either). .

ok, as I write this, it’s 4am. Been awake a while.. crazy poker action! I got a couple strat threads I wanna post later. Interesting spots.

Probably not my sack, even though you’ve flopped the worlds fair. Definitely my stack though.

lol. Thanks, edited the OP now that I’m awake and can see. Ya brutal session (at first). What I didn’t mention is that 20 mins prior to the double felting, I had run my stack up to $600. And lost most of it to another set (flopped nut flush vs set, that filled up). that’s poker. But essentially felted 3x in 20 minutes. Most normal humans would have crumbled, but I was fueled by copious red bull and pushed on... :)

Now, time to grab some food, and scope out a good poker room to watch my Packers kick ass!

Go Pack!

Only happened once in my life at Firekeepers in Battle Creek. 66's on the button. Limp with 3 other limpers. 689 flop. Lead out to 12 from mid, I make 60 get him to call, turn 9, Shove over me. I call obviously. Villain has 910. River 10. Ugh, 400 rebuy. Next hand I get KK. Raise to 10 in front of me. I make it 35. He calls. Flop J 8 5. He leads out 50. I make it 120. He calls. Turn 5. He checks. I jam. He tanks and calls. Villain has QQ. River Q.

I make a trip to the buffet to stress eat my weight in crab legs.

I have a similar story but it involves me having AA, some poor victim with KK and a very confused chip runner after I doubled up my $200 buy in at the MGM Grand on my very first hand of the night before I even had chips to play with. :)

thats nothing I saw my friend waking up with KK 4 times in a row....he lost 3 of 4 times

Playing Planet Hollywood tonight, 1/2 cash game. Effective stacks in both hands is 300. had two hands in a row that went unfavorably. First is me on the button With :8h::9h: The guy to my right opens for $12, and I 3-bet to $35-40. He calls, flop comes:6h::7h::8c:. There’s a bunch of betting, we get it all in... (anyone not risking their stack here?). Villain has :8s::8d: I flush up on the turn, he boats on the river. Whatev. Nice hand, move on.

the chip runner is still bringing my chips, when the very next hand, I’m in the SB with :jh::7h:, its limped around, the dealer asks if I want to call (though I do t have chips), and I say sure... the flop is dealt:jd::jc::7s: I lead out, villain on button calls, The Turn and river are :tc::9d: wel get all the money in, the villain has :js::td: ugh... puke, rebuy.

the villain was cool, and we chatted for some time. I was able to recover somewhat near the end of the session, but lol. I did t even have my chips in hand, and lost them to the same guy from the previous hand. Ha ha (he hadn’t finished stacking my chips from the previous hand either). .

ok, as I write this, it’s 4am. Been awake a while.. crazy poker action! I got a couple strat threads I wanna post later. Interesting spots.

Here's what I just sent to @Breich tonight.

Sigh. Some guy who sucked out on me twice this weekend at 2/5 getting it in bad for stacks jumps into the 5/T game with me. He gets AA vs my KK for 2k and then turns quads vs my overboat for 3k. Guy +7.5k vs. Me....

The KK and the quads hands were 3 hands apart. Nice 5k uptick... I just got home wrapping up 30 hours of wsop circuit poker in 2 days. Super nice guy, happy for him, but damn I couldn't beat him in a pot at all. Overall thankfully only down $500 for a weekend where I didn't run particularly well at all.

Edit for: LOL Packers.

Last edited:
Two sick coolers in a row. Hopefully the poker gods correct this blasphemy for you. Lol

Well, kinda. played the V for like 12 hours on Sunday, and we made our way back to PH (where we are staying). The poker room looked sad at 4:30am, one small table of tired degens.. I decide to sit for a spell, and had a run of cards the likes of which I’ve never seen... in an hour, I get Aces 3x, kings 3x, queens 2x, AK several times, and all my other hands hit the board HARD, I busted a couple of the players, and as I’m about to pass out from exhaustion, I hit a Straight Flush, which wins the hand obv, and earns a high hand bonus... the entire table couldn’t believe what they were seeing, and my run-good was a topic of table conversation... yet they still paid me off... after the SF hand, the table players mentioned they were basically playing until they hit x number of hours to earn a free buffet... the floor said if we wanted to leave now, close the room, he’d just give us all buffets. Lol. We play one last hand, and I joke to the table to beware, since I’m running hot... So, my pocket 7’s set up on a 3 flush board, and I boat up on the river, and some ”crazy Asian guy” (what he called himself) pays me off after a large river bet with his nut flush... just insane hour of play.

B7B3F08E-AA67-4075-8014-773F55EB453A.jpeg

ok... time now, to get up (4 hours sleep) and go gamble.. well, I might have an omelet at the buffet First. :)

Last edited:
A $65 pot for a runner-runner straight flush?

ya, I was beyond exhausted.. falling asleep at the table (might have actually snored at some point, lol). it was pretty obvious what was going on when after the turn, I’m heads up, and ask the dealer “what am I allowed to ask regarding promos during a hand”, then elaborated (when getting permission) “can you tell me the high hand payouts?” LOL. I already had the nut straight, with spade ♠ flush and Str flush draws... I had the hand locked. i think I actually checked the turn so I could get to the river without the other player folding... I was punch-drunk tired, and the hand opponent looked beatdown from the pummeling I’d already unleashed on her thus far.. I wasn’t trying my hardest to maximize value against her... when the river hit, I did toss out a small $15 river bet, to ensure there was no claim of collusion by checking the nutz on the river... she paid it... :)

Awesome run good brother! A dream session for sure :tup:

thanks. I‘m torn.. had I been of clearer mind, I know I could have extracted a bunch more value from the hands I was involved in... but I wasn’t in crush-mode... I was too tired, and the table was fun and friendly. I was enjoying splashing around, but the player situation seemed delicate, meaning that if we lost too many players, the table could break. We were five handed for the last half hour... If I’d been punishing the players to the max, with my run good, I think it would have changed the vibe of the table... not sure if that makes sense, I was content to continue to take smaller pots from everyone, than to bust one last person, and kill the game. And that’s assuming I was even capable of crush-mode in my condition.

Yeah understandable. Just playing in a game, even if you’re burnt out is good times. Running like god is always a dream scenario. So although you think you may not have gotten full value, hell you won, ran great, had fun and added some cash to the bankroll :) :tup:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom