Felt cleaning (1 Viewer)

Dugthefish

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Have a felt from Chanman on top of 1/4" Volara. Starting to get dirty and needs a good cleaning. I have access to an upholstery steam cleaner. Anyone use something like this successfully? Or any other ideas for cleaning?

I can't speak to using a steam cleaner, but I would be a little concerned about heat on the 1/4' foam and/or moisture staying on it underneath the felt etc. I think heat would be my main concern here, could be unfounded though, just putting it out there for thought.

I'm assuming it's too much of a thing to remove the felt and put it in the washing machine? Would need a staple remover and staple gun to put the felt back on of course.

Last edited:
I only have speed cloth on my table so I can't give complete advice for any custom printed felts like the stuff from Chanman, but I'll use a handheld vacuum with the roller-brush upholstery attachment on it a few times a year. It cleans up all the smaller debris that falls on the table that contributes to some of the staining.

I have, when the felt looks pretty ratty or after a particularly nasty beer spill, will remove it from the table and put it through the wash. Gentle cycle by itself and only a light amount of laundry soap. I'll let it air dry then staple it back to the table.

I can't speak to using a steam cleaner, but I would be a little concerned about heat on the 1/4' foam and/or moisture staying on it underneath the felt etc. I think heat would be my main concern here, could be unfounded though, just putting it out there for thought.

I'm assuming it's too much of a thing to remove the felt and put it in the washing machine? Would need a staple remover and staple gun to put the felt back on of course.
Yeah, don't really wanna pull staples at this point lol. My gut tells me if it's safe for my couch, it should be safe for my table. But hoping to hear from someone with experience or alternatives.

I just remove my @T_Chan felts from the table, wash them in the clothes washer and put them in the dryer under low heat. Comes out looking like new each time with no shrinkage or any other issues.

Here is the before and after of one of them.

I previously tried with a "steamer" with very unsatisfactory results.

0A40F235-CBC0-4DED-8C51-7A6279F9CC0B.jpeg
58189286447__F78F7E51-691D-4C89-86ED-29570A6226C7.JPG

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom