Chanman felt - Smooth or Fleece? Input needed (2 Viewers)

Cwaters425

3 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
I am working with Ray/Tony on getting felt for the table I am in the process of building. I was asked if I wanted the smooth side which i believe is their normal felt, or if i wanted the fleece side which has a longer lead time. I know lots of people have felt from him and wondered if anyone had any real experiences of both types that they could get chime in on? Ray sent me a video, it seems the regular "smooth" version is like an ice rink, but the new "fleece" version is harder for the cards to slide and fan out for flops and such. Any imput would be greatly appreciate as I will be starting my design process tomorrow

thanks!

I am working with Ray/Tony on getting felt for the table I am in the process of building. I was asked if I wanted the smooth side which i believe is their normal felt, or if i wanted the fleece side which has a longer lead time. I know lots of people have felt from him and wondered if anyone had any real experiences of both types that they could get chime in on? Ray sent me a video, it seems the regular "smooth" version is like an ice rink, but the new "fleece" version is harder for the cards to slide and fan out for flops and such. Any imput would be greatly appreciate as I will be starting my design process tomorrow

thanks!
I have a sample of their fleece u can check out. I would want his smooth side. His “fleece” is minimal compared to GG. GG has some great fleece but even so, my next top will be Chanman’s smooth felt.

From the videos and talking with Tony @T_Chan , I was under the impression that the smooth side was so smooth the dealer can’t slide open the flop (the felt doesn’t grab the cards). While the fleece side doesn’t slide as well, I think with a dedicated dealer it will slide well enough to get to the ends of the table. Because I want more “grab”, I am going with the fleece side. Once I get to play with it I will let everyone know how it goes.

I have a sample of their fleece u can check out. I would want his smooth side. His “fleece” is minimal compared to GG. GG has some great fleece but even so, my next top will be Chanman’s smooth felt.
ill check it out tonight!

From the videos and talking with Tony @T_Chan , I was under the impression that the smooth side was so smooth the dealer can’t slide open the flop (the felt doesn’t grab the cards). While the fleece side doesn’t slide as well, I think with a dedicated dealer it will slide well enough to get to the ends of the table. Because I want more “grab”, I am going with the fleece side. Once I get to play with it I will let everyone know how it goes.
ty! i don't think i would ever have a dedicated dealer, unless someone that bust's out wants to deal. I'm guessing i will probable go with the normal (non-fleece) version. thanks!

I have played on the currently available cloth, both sides.

From a home game, self dealt perspective, I prefer the smooth (non fleece) side.
We don't need to get fancy with our flops, and the cards slide WAY better when dealing from the end to the other end of the table.

Tony dealt the final table of our game a few days ago on the fleece side. (He tried to steal the blinds when I had KK in the BB....poker sorry!)
It was great for the players, and he was able to pitch and get all fancy with the flop no problem.

From a home game, self dealt perspective, I prefer the smooth (non fleece) side.
We don't need to get fancy with our flops, and the cards slide WAY better when dealing from the end to the other end of the table.

^ This 100%
I have used both and would only want the smooth side.

I have played on the currently available cloth, both sides.

Tony dealt the final table of our game a few days ago on the fleece side. (He tried to steal the blinds when I had KK in the BB....poker sorry!)
It was great for the players, and he was able to pitch and get all fancy with the flop no problem.
thank you!

The fleece side still has an okay amount of card slide. We've played on it a few times on it with players rotating the deal and cards still slide across alright, but it's obvious that players have a harder time getting the cards across the table when dealing from the end. It's not like none of the cards make it across the table, just not as many as if it were on the smooth side.

Dealing from the dedicated dealer spot on the fleece side is no problem for any semi-competent dealer.

Dealing from the dedicated dealer spot on the fleece side is no problem for any semi-competent dealer.
I only feel the needle a little bit. ;)

The hardest I have ever made Tony laugh is when he tried to teach me how to pitch cards the first time. (like any semi-competent dealer)
I studied him, he explained every single step, finger movement, and position.

My first try the card flipped over face up, right in front of the deck. Just an UTTER FAIL.

I give him 100% credit because he tried not to laugh and he apologized profusely, but he had never encountered an utterly un-coordinated person like me before. And it was funny as hell.

I still can't pitch cards... :rolleyes:

I went with the fleece side. I just tried dealing from the dealer box and cards slide fine. No issues. The only remaining questions are how will the fleece side hold up to spills, food crumbs and little hairs that were getting stuck in the fabric of my old felt. Will only know after a few games. So far though I like the fleece side.
IMG_6720.jpeg

IMG_6719.jpeg

I went with the fleece side. I just tried dealing from the dealer box and cards slide fine. No issues. The only remaining questions are how will the fleece side hold up to spills, food crumbs and little hairs that were getting stuck in the fabric of my old felt. Will only know after a few games. So far though I like the fleece side.
View attachment 1237129
View attachment 1237130
I thought maybe you would put your new avatar on the cloth?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom