Fallout on Prime (2 Viewers)

The great thing about the Fallout franchise is that it can be like True Detective on Max. The show can follow a few characters/vaults for a couple of seasons and have a full story arc. Then switch to a different time/city/vault and have new characters in the same post apocalyptic world with a very different experience because of the conditions Vault-Tec created in that city/vaults.

So many shows are designed to have a 2-3 season main story arc but then the show becomes popular and the network wants to cash in and drag the show out to 5 seasons and end up killing the show. Knowing they can spin up a new story line in the same universe would hopefully allow for a more concise story telling.

Last edited:
Finished up the season. The world building and environments were fantastic. Didn't care for how they waited and crammed most of the info/answers about what was really going on into the last episode (a lot was pretty obvious) but all in all it was pretty good. Interested to see how they move forward with the ghoul/Cooper & Lucy as a team.

Will watch another season for sure but as usual I'm not gonna invest to heavily just to have another show cancelled out from under me by a streaming service.

If you’re thinking of getting any Fallout game for PC, don’t wait…there’s a 75% off sale on all Fallout games on Steam until tomorrow.
I got Fallout 4 Game of the Year edition, which includes all expansions and downloadable content for $10.
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition with all expansions was just $5.

Last edited:
If you’re thinking of getting any Fallout game for PC, don’t wait…there’s a 75% off sale on all Fallout games on Steam until tomorrow.
I got Fallout 4 Game of the Year edition, which includes all expansions and downloadable content for $10.
Fallout New Vegas full edition with all expansions was just $5.
Getting them tonight! Thanks for the heads up

It’s funny, I’m a HUGE fan of the game Skyrim, but somehow bypassed the later Fallout games.
I played a bit of the first game years ago, and was not a fan.
My son told me about this show on Prime and said, “Pop, you loved Skyrim, how have you never played Fallout 4? It’s even a Bethesda game.”
So I looked at a gameplay video and thought, “Damn, this is my kind of game!”
Better late than never, I guess!

Enjoyed the first season, big Walton Goggins fans. A lot of the lore was actually extremely accurate in regards to what I've found online and what was in the show.

Feel like the NCR was kinda glossed over in favor of the BOS because power armor is schmexy. Looking at the history of the conflict between the two, the BOS at least on the West coast, struggled against the NCR despite their tech advantage.

I'm looking forward to Season 2. My biggest gripe with the show is that everything is too damned clean. It's been 219 years since the bombs fell, but things don't look as rusted out, weather worn and dirty as they should. Clothing inside and outside the vaults is too well preserved and clean looking, the Pip Boys on their wrists work way too well and aren't worn down from 219 years of use, etc.

I guess the cleanliness gives it more of a whimsical, cartoonish appearance, was hoping for a gritty, more realistic approach to the visuals.

Walton Goggins is an absolute treasure.

He hooked me on The Shield and I've been a huge fan ever since.

As a semi-casual Fallout player (played Fallout 3 extensively when it came out, probably about 1/2 of New Vegas, then 4 didn't grab me at all so nothing since), the show is a home run. I love that they absolutely nailed the feel of the world, but didn't rely on rehashing in-game stories. Like the games, it would simple for them to have the next season set with completely different characters, from different vault(s) and a different part of the world. I could see it overstaying its welcome if they get overconfident based on the Season 1 reception, but for now I am very much looking forward to what they do with it next.

Clothing inside and outside the vaults is too well preserved and clean looking, the Pip Boys on their wrists work way too well and aren't worn down from 219 years of use, etc.

I guess the cleanliness gives it more of a whimsical, cartoonish appearance, was hoping for a gritty, more realistic approach to the visuals.

It matches the video game aesthetic perfectly.

Last edited:
1714136428359.png

Watched the first episode last night and loved it as well, can't wait to watch some more tonight.
As a fan of the Fallout franchise games, it was fun to see some obvious and obscure nods to the video game series.

The great thing about the Fallout franchise is that it can be like True Detective on Max. The show can follow a few characters/vaults for a couple of seasons and have a full story arc. Then switch to a different time/city/vault and have new characters in the same post apocalyptic world with a very different experience because of the conditions Vault-Tec created in that city/vaults.

So many shows are designed to have a 2-3 season main story arc but then the show becomes popular and the network wants to cash in and drag the show out to 5 seasons and end up killing the show. Knowing they can spin up a new story line in the same universe would hopefully allow for a more concise story telling.
I was just discussing this with one of my friends, I think this would be an awesome idea and it would really help flesh out the universe in FO. Through all the games the one thing I always wondered is, what's it like in the other parts of the world?

Can't wait for S2 and New Vegas!

Fallout 3 GOTY edition > New Vegas > Fallout 4
I've only watched the first two episodes. Taking the show slow, but I've played all the games (including FO1 and 2). I agree with TonZaga here that I loved FO3 more than anything else. The show reminds me a lot of Fallout 3 in the early decision making you do as you leave the vault looking for dad.

For the games, I loved New Vegas and cared about the gameworld and characters/story

But 3 and 4 I felt lacked that compelling pull for me. The "what's over the next hill" exploration was fun, but ultimately I never felt connected to characters or the world enough to care about it

I just blink watch the series over the weekend and overall, I quite like it (7.5/10) seem about right.

I will think Fallout fans will prob rate the series higher than non-fallout fans.

Can't wait for S2 and New Vegas as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom