SOLD [EU] 600+ Monaco Club chip set for cash game (10 players; budget-conscious/newbies tip!) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nex

Flush
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm selling a 676 chip set of the Monaco Clubs. These are metal insert plastic chips with a label in the center, weighing 13.5 grams each. They are designed as real clay lookalikes - see the classic 4D14 edge spot pattern and the Sword & Spade mold that mimics the Paulson Top Hat & Cane mold.

They have barely been used and do not show any signs of wear.

Breakdown is perfect for 25c/50c games at a full table:
  • (200) 25c
  • (200) $1
  • (175) $5
  • (25) $25
$1750 bank

In addition to that, you get (24) extra 25c chips, (22) extra ones and (30) extra fivers, so that you're not left with an incomplete set in the event that a chip breaks (unlikely) or goes missing. You can also fully swap out the $25 chips in the set with more fivers if your game plays smaller.

They stack very well, don't slip around easily due to their weight, and are very smooth around the edges for chips in this price range. Straight from the factory, many of these come with some residual grates hanging off. The material is soft enough however that you can easily remove them with just your fingernail or by scraping them over a rough fabric, i.e. jeans.

These are sold on eBay by a commercial seller. For a new 600 chip set, you'd pay about $188 or €169 in total (=31.3c/chip), i.e. shipping and import duty included, if you have them shipped to the EU - Germany in my example.

Please keep in mind that out-of-factory quality control is not perfect for those. I found 24 unusable chips in the initially ordered 600 chip set; the label was so far off-center that it protruded from the recess and turned the chips into spinners. That's why I bought another 100 chips (can only buy them in multiples of 25) to replace these; the remaining 76 are the bonus chips mentioned above. Among the chips I am selling here, you will not find a single spinner.

Price: €125 plus shipping, PayPal F&F.
(DE: €8.50, UK and most of EU: €21. If your country is not listed and you want to know how much it would be, you can either check DHL's website, or shoot me a PM with your country and I'll look it up.)
You can also pay via PayPal Goods&Services if you like, but add a percentage to the total amount in that case, depending on where you live - Germany: 3%, other EU: 5%.

At 18.5c per chip, I believe they are very competitively priced for EU people on a budget who want chips that don't completely look like children's toys. The only cheaper available options that come to my mind are the super low quality dice chips and holographic sticker two-tone plastic ones.

Please note: I am only selling these within the EU (including UK still). It would make no sense economically to have them shipped to other destinations as the shipping costs simply would get way too high in relation to the cost of the chips.

Note: Pictured racks not included. They would get damaged during transport anyway.

DSC_3702cr=2048t.jpg

DSC_3705cr=2048t.jpg

DSC_3699cr=2048t.jpgDSC_3703cr=2048t.jpg

Last edited:
I just searched for „engl“ to check. Turns out DHL hides them in the footer o_O
1564316057790.png

Way easier just to look for /de/ in url and just try if replacing works :)

glws :)

Reactions: Nex
+1 o this being a good affordable set. My players loved them for years.

However, I feel the set needs more 5's for a good 25c/50c game with a full table. In my experience, 150 25c and 250 $5 works better... Or even 200/200. Fortunately, these are readily available as an add-on direct from vendors, and the $25s will cover you nicely until then.

GLWS.

I feel the set needs more 5's for a good 25c/50c game with a full table. In my experience, 150 25c and 250 $5 works better... Or even 200/200. Fortunately, these are readily available as an add-on direct from vendors, and the $25s will cover you nicely until then.

I have to add though, the issue you are picturing here has nothing to do with the bank being too small - which would indeed be very annoying.

It's merely a little more change-making once all the fivers have hit the felt - and perhaps a bit of psychology (more chips in front of me = more willing to bet some of them as I'd still have so many left).

I.e. a very high-level concern which may certainly be valid for the degens among us with custom clay sets, man caves and all, who are trying to optimize every last little detail - but I believe potential buyers of a chip set in this price range would certainly be happy with it the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom