Empress secondary 100 LCV and SCV Colors (2 Viewers)

Teach42

Flush
Reaction score
We were discussing this in Ski's sale thread when he turned off replies.

I'm kinda stunned at how much these have jumped in price. His LCV barrel went for $355 ($17.75/chip).

With his 300 chip set, if you figure ballpark of $100 per rack avg (including the rack a barrel short), then you give the secondary 100's a value of $315 ($15.75/chip).

And those are LCV. I've found the SCV to have a better look and feel, and the bright pink are dramatically brighter. Does that mean they should be pushing $20 a chip??? Which coincidentally means, I may never add any to my set again LOL

Pic by @buffalojim
screenshot_20210918-104532-png.779832

There's a decent possibility that people who want the Empress secondary hundos, or even the other denoms, don't know about all the different variations of each. I know I didn't when I first started buying some.

Yeah, prices are high. I don't think it means you still can't make a score. It all depends who's selling I guess. There are a lot of these chips out there. Finding pre-sorted racks or barrels will be difficult, and I'd expect to pay a premium, which I have. I was lucky enough to get 140 of the SCV hundos and 100 of the SCV 500s. I love these chips :)

These are on my someday list. Someday I'll be able to set aside the budget necessary for an Empress set. Of course, every year I put it off, the prices double.

(there's a lot of chips on my someday list)

These are on my someday list. Someday I'll be able to set aside the budget necessary for an Empress set. Of course, every year I put it off, the prices double.

(there's a lot of chips on my someday list)
That's pretty spot on. The last sales I saw of the 1k's and the hundos were about double what they were last year. 5's and 25's remain available in used at decent prices. But upwards they're getting crazy.

To me, the LCVs have a better feel.
The LCVs are about 2 grams heavier than the SCVs! 11.6g vs 9.5g
As far as I know there are LCV and SCV with the pink edgespot and a different run of SCV with the hot pink.

As far as I know there are LCV and SCV with the pink edgespot and a different run of SCV with the hot pink.
Same as 1K
LCV much heavier

I almost though they were run later to the point they were not leaded.

Yes the primary SCV 1ks are much lighter and brighter than their LCV counterparts. They sound and feel leaded to me even though they are lighter. I have no proof either way.

The LCV of the all the denoms are probably heavier. This is at least true for the hundos, 500s and 1k's as far as I've seen. I haven't weighed the 1s, 5s, or 25s but that probably holds true.

So what do we think of the Double Down $100 chip?

Perhaps not as good. Obviously not the same. But worth "crazy" prices none-the-less?
I like them... metal flakes and more muted pastel colors than the empress $100s (and of course RHC).
They weigh 9.65 (mint).. Empress $100s I have weighed have been good used.
I don't think we'll see similar prices for those.. maybe $5 per.
Three racks on the right are Double Downs

1632108754459.jpeg

I remember reading somewhere, maybe it was one BGinGA posts where he said there were three versions of the secondary hundo. I don't know if any of the SCV hundos I've encountered are just your regular pink color edgespot, they've all looked like a hot pink to me. I don't have a true blacklight anymore but I do have lights that highlight hot pink pretty well. The middle rack in just a regular pink and doesn't stand out. I don't have anymore LCV hundos but I'm guessing the edge spot won't highlight.
PXL_20210920_052028287.jpg
PXL_20210920_052245618.jpg

Learn something new every day . . . how am I supposed to sleep knowing I've got 23 SCVs and 17 LCVs.
If you've got 6 hot pinks, I'd love to trade them for 6 pink SCV and 4 LCV! Trying to complete a rack of hot pink SCV...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom