Cash Game Elks, Moose, Kiwanis, Legion, VFW Games - How to get in (1 Viewer)

dmoney

Full House
Reaction score
How would one go about finding these games if you’re not a member or haven’t lived in the area for a long time?

Is there a place to search if games are active in certain cities or towns? Ive made a few phone calls and looked at a few local chapter sites and it doesn’t seem like updating websites/social or providing info is a strength, generally.

Any ideas?

I'm a Kiwanian, and in my division there are only a few fundraising tourneys each year. We don't have many clubhouses, though, which is where you're probably more likely to find a regular game.

Most of our clubs use Facebook for event announcements, so include that in your search if you can stand it. But probably the best way is what you're already doing: get contact info from the web and reach out to club members directly.

(Royal Canadian) Legion and Anavets (Army/Navy/Air Force Vets) in my area have (had) weekly or monthly scheduled games at their clubhouses, but little in the way of promotion or announcements. Sometimes they had an outdated Facebook page posted with a monthly schedule, but I just went to each clubhouse (address from Facebook or Google) and asked at the door for a current schedule.

Membership may or may not be required to enter, depending on the individual club rules, but here membership is open to non-veterans, so the annual membership fee is the only requirement, and helps to keep the clubs going.

Go to the local coffee/donut shop at about 9:15 am. Any old men you see in there should be part of the club. Give them the old man gang sign and then you’ll be in.
Elks, Moose, and VFW? 100% :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

But you'd be surprised at the age spread of Kiwanis (and I think Rotary too). My club has active members ages 20s through 70s.

Go to the local coffee/donut shop at about 9:15 am. Any old men you see in there should be part of the club. Give them the old man gang sign and then you’ll be in.

Meh, amateur..........

Want to find players, try one of these places (train stations and public parks are probably best) and when any random guy walks in, ask him if he likes to play "Holdem".

Guarantee you'll get action of some sort!

main-qimg-5cd8d585082f6629ddb2f2e5455cce07-c

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom