Cash Game Does your significant other know? (2 Viewers)

CraigT78

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
As I'm sitting here on the plane heading to my next meetup, a thought popped into my mind.

Does your spouse know what stakes you play?

I had let my wife know on Monday I was heading to the bank to withdraw $15k to ensure I was properly rolled to sit at the table full of nits for a long weekend.

She was taken back a bit, so I asked her if that was a problem?

"I'm surprised" she said. "Is that all you need?"

I told her we were playing $.25/$.50 so it shouldn't get too crazy. She suggested $25k.

So what says you? I was embarrassed that she thought I played bigger than $.25/$.50.

Do y'all tell your spouses?

She knows we play $1/1, she doesn't know it's usually $1/1/2/4/8 (16).

She gets exact dollar values when I win, and knows when I lose "a bit". That said, poker funds exist aside from our joint finances, so she doesn't really care.

I very rarely play higher than the 50c/50c equivalent. She knows and doesn’t expect wins/losses of more than a few $ hundreds in a night (and she’d be correct).

I’m pretty sure she’d have me admitted if I went through $15k over a weekend.

just curious on a serious note... what stakes do people on here typically play? NL / PLO / Limit poker?

i hear people spending $$$$ on chips but what stakes support the funding or is it a pure collection hobby?

Wife doesn't wanna know any exact numbers. She knows I'm a bit of a nit when it comes to bankroll management though, so she knows I'm not doing anything crazy. But when I have told her previously about wins or losses, she says it stresses her so it's better to not know. Same with chipping :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
just curious on a serious note... what stakes do people on here typically play? NL / PLO / Limit poker?

i hear people spending $$$$ on chips but what stakes support the funding or is it a pure collection hobby?
There is a wide range of micro stakes to high stakes. Just like everyone’s chip collections.

Gambling has always been a topic of contention as my past partners have always had family members or close friends detrimentally affect their lives. I've always gambled for fun and have done well since my early years. It's challenging to sway those that are not well versed on the topic so these days I don't really share that I play.

Current gf does know I play and knows about my buyins but doesn't really question how much I win or lose but only asks out of curiosity. I'm honest and as long as it doesn't affect our way of life, no sense in hiding.

As I'm sitting here on the plane heading to my next meetup, a thought popped into my mind.

I had let my wife know on Monday I was heading to the bank to withdraw $15k to ensure I was properly rolled to sit at the table full of nits for a long weekend.

I told her we were playing $.25/$.50 so it shouldn't get too crazy. She suggested $25k.

So what says you? I was embarrassed that she thought I played bigger than $.25/$.50.

To me this just means she has her eye on something that costs around $25k and not $15k.

She knows you well, that you’d need $25k for a weekend of 25/50c poker.

My wife know that I can win or lose thousands at poker any time I play. Then at the same time she has been harassing me for spending $11 on cocktail ice cube molds.

I have given up trying to understand her thinking or (lack of) logic.

She knows you well, that you’d need $25k for a weekend of 25/50c poker.

My wife know that I can win or lose thousands at poker any time I play. Then at the same time she has been harassing me for spending $11 on cocktail ice cube molds.

I have given up trying to understand her thinking or (lack of) logic.
Remind me to tell the story of that one time I went to the grocery store and bought name brand canned beans instead of store brand.......

I halve my winnings too. Otherwise I have to spend it on household stuff instead of poker bourbon and golf.
Whoever made that quote didn't have our wives. Same story here...

Mixed bag. I think PCF errs towards collectors not high rollers. Just my anecdotal experience. More of a "love of the game" vibe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom