Does this only bother me? (1 Viewer)

TheYeti

Pair
Reaction score
A couple guys at my home game insist on betting with multiple denoms even when a single denom will suffice. Drives me bat-sh*t!

Example: bet is $10 and the idiot has 2-3 barrels of $5 chips and 2-3 barrels of $1 chips, but he insists on calling using a single $5 and five $1s. WHY???

Does this only bother me, or does this irritate everyone?

A couple guys at my home game insist on betting with multiple denoms even when a single denom will suffice. Drives me bat-sh*t!

Example: bet is $10 and the idiot has 2-3 barrels of $5 chips and 2-3 barrels of $1 chips, but he insists on calling using a single $5 and five $1s. WHY???

No? Chips are chips. You wanna push out 100 ones or 1 Hundo. Knock yourself out.

If ya want less bulk chip calls, make starting stacks with less bulk chips?

Yes. Only you

someone bets $13.75 or something stupid like that
I used to do that, thinking I was somehow clever. I've long since stopped because yeah, it's annoying. But on the other hand I see GTO wizard pros (who are immeasurably better than me) do that in tournaments all the time. So I dunno.

I used to do that, thinking I was somehow clever. I've long since stopped because yeah, it's annoying. But on the other hand I see GTO wizard pros (who are immeasurably better than me) do that in tournaments all the time. So I dunno.
Nah, you weren't clever when you did it, just annoying. Me, on the other hand, well, it's so clever everyone's mind is just blown and they all fold. That's how clever I am.

Nah, you weren't clever when you did it, just annoying. Me, on the other hand, well, it's so clever everyone's mind is just blown and they all fold. That's how clever I am.
Teach Me Benedict Cumberbatch GIF

3/4 the pot does the same job as full pot bets.

The price of groceries bothers me. Three betting all-in pre-flop with aces against a player holding A/K who calls and makes Broadway bothers me. Distracted drivers commanding both sides of the road bothers me. Five $1 chips? Not so much.

A bit. But what really bothers me, is when the pot is $25, and someone bets $13.75 or something stupid like that.
Look, if you have really nice fracs, I'm betting the fracs.

If I'm only using fracs for the blinds, it's a commentary on your ugly fracs.

Another thing I've seen some players do, is if the bet is $12, they'll call with 3 $5's, when they have 2 full barrels of $1's available. Definitely annoying.
Cash game: Annoying, unless they expect to lose and they are about to cash out. I like easy to count stacks.

Tournament: Just before color-up, they are making the color-up easier by keeping barrels.

This only bothers you and it sounds like you need to cash people in with more $5/$25 and less $1. You could also change out some people's $1's between hands if there are too many on the table.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom