Does anyone use a hand held vacuum to clean their poker table felt? (1 Viewer)

JMC9389

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Is it even safe to do so? If so, which one do you use? Appreciate any recommendations, thanks all!

GF got me a little dust buster that works well. It has a brush attachment but I don't use that very often.

I use the wand attached in the crevice between the rail and the felt. The main playing surface gets hit with a lint roller.

if the kids were eating at the table I’ll use the regular wand with the brush attachment and hover it over the table. I’ve never had the felt pull up.

This one works perfectly:

hhvac.jpg

I've been using my Dyson vacuum for years with no problems. Sometimes I use the small roller attachment to help with dog hair stuck in the SSC. Not sure how other types of cloth would hold up though.

I recently got a handheld Dyson and will give that a shot next time.

I use this handheld vacuum with the small wand extension (brush can be clipped forward or back) on my table. No issues.

IMG_6819.jpg

I use this, too, but you still have to vacuum up what you collect with the brush.
Correct. The brush I have for my pool table gathers everything into a nice pile, but doesn't actually get the small pieces of crud off the table.

I use this, too, but you still have to vacuum up what you collect with the brush.
I don't bolt down the rails on my personal tables so it is very easy to lift the rail up and brush the crap on the floor. Raised rails would likely be a an issue.

Is there are reason I shouldn't be using by Dyson with the extension and brush attachment? That is one of the best appliances (a vacuum) that I have bought.
That is what I use, and it works great.

Sometimes, I dont feel like walking back top the closet though, so I just pick up and use the full-size dyson. I may not be normal, but it is effective on speedcloth.

Is there are reason I shouldn't be using by Dyson with the extension and brush attachment? That is one of the best appliances (a vacuum) that I have bought.

I use this Shark Vacuum with the handheld attachments and it's very effective and safe on SSC.

Do we have a vacuum thread?? We should if we don't. I feel like I'm a damn Shark salesman every time I start talking about our Shark. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: it is also one of our better "appliance" purchases as well.

Are Sharks and Dysons the Paulson and TRKs of the vacuum world?

I have had a hand held Dyson break the adhesive and lift the speed cloth once. Not good.

For those that use a pool table brush, is there any reason to use one of those brushes as opposed to another brush? Why are pool table brushes shaped the way they are?

I will occasionally use a vacuum attachment, but prefer swiping with damp microfiber cloths. (My two playing surfaces are waterproof fabrics meant for outdoors).

The upside to a racetrack table. My track is leather, so just push everything into the track with a brush, then hover over the track with the Dyson.

The upside to a racetrack table. My track is leather, so just push everything into the track with a brush, then hover over the track with the Dyson.
You dont have a small gap between the felt and the track where the dirt would get stuck?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom