Does anyone use a hand held vacuum to clean their poker table felt?

JMC9389

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it even safe to do so? If so, which one do you use? Appreciate any recommendations, thanks all!

Dugthefish

Pair
Reaction score
GF got me a little dust buster that works well. It has a brush attachment but I don't use that very often.

Rhodeman77

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use the wand attached in the crevice between the rail and the felt. The main playing surface gets hit with a lint roller.

if the kids were eating at the table I’ll use the regular wand with the brush attachment and hover it over the table. I’ve never had the felt pull up.

pltrgyst

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This one works perfectly:

hhvac.jpg

jja412

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there are reason I shouldn't be using by Dyson with the extension and brush attachment? That is one of the best appliances (a vacuum) that I have bought.
If it isn't damaging the felt in some way, you should use it. Mine works great on my poker table.

GenghisKhan

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been using my Dyson vacuum for years with no problems. Sometimes I use the small roller attachment to help with dog hair stuck in the SSC. Not sure how other types of cloth would hold up though.

I recently got a handheld Dyson and will give that a shot next time.

Chawks45

Two Pair
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use this handheld vacuum with the small wand extension (brush can be clipped forward or back) on my table. No issues.

IMG_6819.jpg

JMC9389

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use this, too, but you still have to vacuum up what you collect with the brush.
Correct. The brush I have for my pool table gathers everything into a nice pile, but doesn't actually get the small pieces of crud off the table.

DoubleEagle

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use this, too, but you still have to vacuum up what you collect with the brush.
I don't bolt down the rails on my personal tables so it is very easy to lift the rail up and brush the crap on the floor. Raised rails would likely be a an issue.

Poker Zombie

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Is there are reason I shouldn't be using by Dyson with the extension and brush attachment? That is one of the best appliances (a vacuum) that I have bought.
That is what I use, and it works great.

Sometimes, I dont feel like walking back top the closet though, so I just pick up and use the full-size dyson. I may not be normal, but it is effective on speedcloth.

12thMan

Full House
Reaction score

I use this Shark Vacuum with the handheld attachments and it's very effective and safe on SSC.

Do we have a vacuum thread?? We should if we don't. I feel like I'm a damn Shark salesman every time I start talking about our Shark. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: it is also one of our better "appliance" purchases as well.

Are Sharks and Dysons the Paulson and TRKs of the vacuum world?

Deuce9

High Hand
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have had a hand held Dyson break the adhesive and lift the speed cloth once. Not good.

Jake14mw

Flush
Reaction score
For those that use a pool table brush, is there any reason to use one of those brushes as opposed to another brush? Why are pool table brushes shaped the way they are?

Taghkanic

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will occasionally use a vacuum attachment, but prefer swiping with damp microfiber cloths. (My two playing surfaces are waterproof fabrics meant for outdoors).

joseywales

Straight
Reaction score
The upside to a racetrack table. My track is leather, so just push everything into the track with a brush, then hover over the track with the Dyson.

Top Bottom