Does anyone else make this kind of card case? (1 Viewer)

MeridianFC

Flush
Reaction score
I have a few decks of Modiano cards (I know and understand why this producer is not popular here ) from a bunch of years ago that all came with this nifty type of card case. I’ve never seen this type of case from any other producer and I’m not even sure that current Modiano still use them, though I found a set that appears to be like mine on Amazon that I might get just for the cases.

I know they will not be to the taste of some here because it holds the cards rather loose but that doesn’t bother me at all. The convenience of popping open the box and having the cards at the ready is one of my favorite things ever. Someone else who had this set up complained about the relative lack of durability because of the hinges and the somewhat cheap plastic. If anybody made a more robust version of this I would buy it in a heartbeat. I wonder if one of the wood workers here could craft something like this?

In any case (no pun intended) does anyone else here have experience with, opinions on, or have seen this type of case anywhere else?

A96EC3E0-C440-4272-B22B-8A8C8955DDF8.jpeg
E1723B8A-2504-4CBF-B9E7-A86643DC0ADD.jpeg

FWIW they do not come in the nifty lifty case anymore. I’m going to have to come up with some other solution I think.

D6DF366B-04EC-4D2B-A9FF-612AE70EF325.jpeg

I have/had two of those lifty cases awhile back. One was by modiano, the other was an unknown aftermarket vendor. The novelty wore off pretty quickly, and I went to smaller cases (and cards).

I have/had two of those lifty cases awhile back. One was by modiano, the other was an unknown aftermarket vendor. The novelty wore off pretty quickly, and I went to smaller cases (and cards).
Fair enough. I do love mine though. I've asked @alecnetwoodworks if he could make one in proper wood.

The cases I have definitely seem built for Poker size cards but all contain Bridge size.

Fair enough. I do love mine though. I've asked @alecnetwoodworks if he could make one in proper wood.

The cases I have definitely seem built for Poker size cards but all contain Bridge size.
I made these about 10 years ago, they did the trick. A woodworker would be able to make something a lot better than these.

1666899932414.png

1666899845023.png

1666899736960.png

Seems like this could also be a viable candidate for a 3D printer project? Would be lighter and smaller than wood, I think.

I have similar cases as in the OP, I am working with an engineering company on a card case made out of aluminum, I hope to be receiving a printed prototype soonish.

I plan to try to work a deal with the company based of quantity and see if the community is interested. We'll see how it goes, could be a non-starter, could be the best thing since sliced bread, please do not post a photo of a hotdog or Manhattan and pose philosophical questions in this reasonable thread.

I have similar cases as in the OP, I am working with an engineering company on a card case made out of aluminum, I hope to be receiving a printed prototype soonish.

I plan to try to work a deal with the company based of quantity and see if the community is interested. We'll see how it goes, could be a non-starter, could be the best thing since sliced bread, please do not post a photo of a hotdog or Manhattan and pose philosophical questions in this reasonable thread.
Keep us apprised

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom