Do you eat shrimp tails? (1 Viewer)

I will say that I have a friend that eats the shrimp tails. I could never do that. I think it takes away from the tastiness and texture of the shrimp. How could he? I do not know but he also eats peanuts, shell and all.

I will be turning this:
990338BB-334F-469E-BA4D-450CC8F91B65.jpeg

Into this:
6E432B04-2D32-46C3-BB12-367EE0AC80AF.jpeg

God bless brine and smoke...

I will say that I have a friend that eats the shrimp tails. I could never do that. I think it takes away from the tastiness and texture of the shrimp. How could he? I do not know but he also eats peanuts, shell and all.

I just saw a bag of deep fried peanuts with "eat them shells and all!" on the label.

No thanks to shrimp or peanut shells.

I would be remiss not to post this in a thread about shrimp.

Delicious Italian pasta. Shrimp precisely cooked to get a light, crispy crust. Tangy lemon sauce. NO SHRIMP SHELLS!

Oh - - - and it is available after a short stroll down the River Walk from the game venue if you were to attend All-in-at-the-Alamo next August.

Not that someone would need an extra reason to come, but there it is. Yum YUM! -=- DrStrange

Thanks for all the feedback. I'm still not going to eat any shrimp tails but I guess there are people out there that do.

I didn’t right till a few years ago when someone told me the exact same thing. “You’re supposed to eat the tails”. Now I eat them when deep fried. They’re actually really tasty. Texture kinda sucks if they’re not all the way crispy though.

Not the tails. But with smaller shrimp (the ones I’ve eaten overseas), I eat the whole shell. They are soft and easy to chew. Not like the ones we get here!

I don't think it's a troll, eating the shells is a cultural thing.

I do a Chinese New Year dinner with friends each year. My friend from China eats the fried shells and tails too. She looked at us like we were wasting food. I get it though. I look down on people that don't eat their pizza crust, and therefore have to take more than their fair share to make up the difference.

Looks awesome - and done right. It's also a pet peeve of mine when shrimp, tails and all, are cooked into a sauce.

While I don't eat the tail and shells, I do freeze them and save them up for a seafood stock.
1542806505478.png

1542806589385.png

I feed the tails to the dogs. They like 'em fine. Not me.
My first dog ate bunch of them and got allergic reaction. Spots of hair loss and skin rashes all over the body/head occurred. It took weeks to go away. Not sure if it's an isolated case.

Yep, some dogs have food allergies, and some have sensitive gastrointestinal systems. Only three of our four pups get tails. One can't eat beef.

I just saw a bag of deep fried peanuts with "eat them shells and all!" on the label.

No thanks to shrimp or peanut shells.

Peanut shells rock, especially when the peanuts are deep fried.

Shrimp shells, I'll pass thank you.

Have I, yes, only when deep fried as a kid. Do I anymore, no, I was a weird kid.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom